Chapter 4: The Forehead Poke

3rd Person P.O.V.

The school bell has rung, telling everyone that it's home time. Both Chairo and Popplio were walking out of the school gate along with the rest of the students.

Popplio: "So, you have anything to do today?"

Chairo: "Actually, I do. I have to catch up to my group to hang out at Snivy's house. I'll see you later." *Starts walking off*

Popplio: *Pouts* "Aww pooie, I was thinking if we could watch TV together..."

Chairo stopped walking before he turned around to look at Popplio, he then smiles at her and gives her a hand signal that tells her to come closer.

Popplio: "...Hehe!" *Smiles and runs towards him*

Chairo: "Sorry Popplio, maybe next time."

He then pokes her forehead with two of his fingers which startles her and she stopped running while rubbing her forehead.

Popplio: "Ouch..."

Chairo: "See you after 9." *Walks off*

Popplio: *Sighs and smile* "That Chairo..."

???: "Hey Popplio!"

She turned around and saw a car was driving close towards her, it was actually Litten who was in the car while sticking his head out of the window.

Litten: "Come on, Dad's driving us back home!"

Popplio: "Huh? You're not with Brionne?"

Litten: "Well, she wanted to hang out with Mimikyu and Braixen after school so I can't bring her along."

Popplio: "Oh, I didn't know that."

Incineroar: "Hop in Popplio!"

Popplio: "Okay okay."

-

-

Popplio's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the back besides Litten and I was rubbing my forehead that got poked by Chairo which somehow made me smile.

Popplio: "... Hehe..."

Litten: "Hmm? What's with you smiling all of the sudden?"

Popplio: "What? Is it wrong for me to smile?"

Litten: "Well, no. But it seems like something good has happened to you, mind telling me what happened?"

Popplio: "Uhh... nope! I'm not telling!"

Litten: "Aww... you don't have to hide anything from me, you can tell, I won't judge."

Popplio: "Still a no! Sorry!"

Litten: "That's unfortunate, but... there's something that's bothering me for a bit."

Popplio: "Huh? What is it?"

Litten: "Why did Chairo took your chocolate all of the sudden? It's kind of suspicious."

Popplio: "Wh-What?! Oh! Uhh... H-He just want chocolate and he say that he didn't get any from you, so I let him have mine."

Litten: "Really? I actually have Chairo's share all this time and I was going to give it to him."

Popplio: *Stares at him* "CAN I HAVE IT?!"

Litten: "What the?! Why you look so eager?"

Popplio: "U-Umm... Well... He got my share so I think it's okay if I can have his so it seems like he's giving it to me."