Episode 1 - Changing the world

Cinderella Monogatari - Season 2 [fanfiction sequel]

Episode 1 - Changing the world

Prelude: A Family Tree

Charles' father, king Lewis, had an older sister named Beatrice and a younger brother named Conrad. Realizing that both his sons merited to rule, king Ferdinand, Charles' grandfather, split the empire in two kingdoms - the Emerald kingdom, the territory which was more modernized, and the Green-Valley kingdom, the regions which still had a strong medieval character and a wild nature prone to fantastic events. Although she was the firstborn, the law forbade Beatrice to rule, for being a woman. Instead of marrying a foreign king as planned, Beatrice ended up marrying an aristocrat in the Emerald kingdom - the duke of Tamp. She eventually died at 17, after giving birth to her first child - Rudolph. Ten years later, Lewis married princess Caroline of Docaccia and Charles was born, becoming the first in line of succession to the throne of the Emerald kingdom. The following year, Snow White was born, and king Conrad changed the law of Green-Valley kingdom, in order to enable her coronation. In late September, two months after the crown prince seventeenth birthday, Charles married Cinderella. Acknowledging his son's intelligence and bravery during an attack planed by duke Zaral, King Lewis abdicated and passed the throne of the Emerald kingdom to Charles during the wedding ceremony. In the following spring, princess Snow White married Prince Richard of Albertville, and they enjoyed peaceful days in Green-Valley kingdom, which was recovering from war.

_________

It was a warm day with a slight breeze in August

It was a warm day with a slight breeze in August. The Emerald Castle chapel, adorned in red and emerald on marble stone, was especially crowed due to Charles and Cinderella's first son's baptism. Contrary to the royal wedding, which was more public, this ceremony was private and discrete.

The royals invited only their closest friends and relatives. The duchess, Catherine and Jeanne were anxiously waiting to capture Cinderella's attention and hold the baby. Cinderella's father, the Duke of Viel, was greeting Charles's parents and Hans, Charles' former tutor, when Charles, Cinderella and their son arrived followed by Alex and Miss Paulette, who were chosen to be the prince's godparents. As the bishop entered, the chapel went silent and the ceremony began. Cinderella's animals attended everything in a corner near the baptistery.

While carrying her son, Cinderella could not help but noticing Charles' tension. He hardly heard the bishop's words, in alert to all possible attacks in the chapel. In order to lighten the mood, Cinderella glanced at him in bliss, and the young king reciprocated his queen with a tender smile.

Fortunately, the baptism had no setbacks. The couple could relax after the ceremony. They talked to their friends in common, Ian, the fortune teller, Marcel, the actor, Nicholas, the violinist, and his wife Laura, who had brought their baby girl. Charles was delighted to finally introduce Cinderella to his uncle Conrad, king of a neighbor kingdom.