Episode 7 - How Cinderella met Snow White

Cinderella was strolling in the forest with Daniel, Frances, and the animals. It was a hot afternoon in late June, a perfect day to pick apples, strawberries and other fruits. Cinderella was told that she could find the best apples in a clearing in an eastern area of the forest.

A year had passed since Charles got a job as a fencing instructor. Now Frances was two and Daniel was almost five. Charles and Cinderella were happy as ever raising their children and living quietly in the outskirts of the city, which was getting bigger.

When their little baskets were filled with fruits, Cinderella decided to return home. Frances was sad, because she wanted to catch a perfect red apple in a very high branch. Despite Cinderella's explanations, the little girl insisted. Cinderella sat down the children, took a deep breath and started to climb the tree.

'Oh, Mommy, no, no! Don't go, Mommy, don't go', cried Frances.

Cinderella came down, comforted Frances, and Daniel examined the tree.

'Maybe this is a job for the Blue Night...', wondered Daniel smiling.

'Don't you even think about it...', warned Cinderella.

In the meantime, the animals were conceiving a plan. After a brief reunion, Bingo and Chouchou climbed the tree, Papy flew to the branch, and Patch stretched out under the tree. Pappy pecked, Bingo and Chouchou nibbled the apple stem and eventually the red fruit fell on Patch's back.

Cinderella, Daniel and Frances clapped. Bingo and Chouchou came down, joined Patch and Papy, then they bowed before the children. Cinderella gave Frances the apple and they finally headed towards home.

In a denser area of the forest, they heard whistles. As they continued, the sound intensified, and they saw a group of shadows in the trees. Daniel and Frances grabbed Cinderella's skirt and looked at her, while Cinderella tried to conceal her fear. Then Patch stood in front of Cinderella and the children. He was growling and prepared to attack. Papy supervised everything from above, Bingo watched on the right, whereas Chouchou was on the left.

The group finally appeared into the light. They were seven dwarfs with buckets, peckers and dark red hats.

'Good afternoon, ma'am', kindly saluted the eldest, with a long white beard.

'Good afternoon, sir', replied Cinderella, while Daniel and Frances were lurking behind her.

'Please, don't be afraid. We are a just a family of dwarfs who work in a mine and live in our beloved forest. I am Boss, and these are Gourmet, Woody, Goldie, Chamomile, Vet, and Jolly,' introduced Boss.

Cinderella asked Patch to stop growling and made a bow. Then Vet, an adorable dwarf dressed in pink, approached Patch and petted him.

'Pleased to meet you. I am Susana Duval. These are my children, Daniel and Frances, and my animals, Patch, Papy, Chouchou and Bingo.'

Cinderella encouraged the children to greet the dwarfs. Jolly, the youngest, looked attentively at Daniel, who returned his gaze with a naughty smile. Then Chamomile, a thin dwarf dressed in azure blue, noticed the red apple Frances was carrying.

'Do you like apples, my dear?', kindly asked Chamomile.

'Yes', nodded Frances, 'and... my... my Daddy likch appesch too'.

They smiled and Cinderella caressed Frances.

'Our Daddy is the greatest swordsman in the kingdom!', exclaimed Daniel.

'You're wrong. Prince Richard is our best swordsman', replied Jolly.

'No, my Daddy is the best,' frowned Daniel.