A loud grumble came from behind that startled me and when I swivel around I was immediately pressed to the ground, my back felt the cold floor and my body slightly shift, slipping at the blood under me. I grunt, my breathing hitching at the amount of force pressing on my neck that squeezing my windpipe shut. I glared at the man above me, squirming at his weight as he pinned me down rendering me immobile. My vision began to blur and my thrashing body slowly weakens.

The bathroom door behind him burst open and a blast of white light blinded my eyes shut. I hear a loud thud beside me and the heavy weight on my body disappeared. Opening my eyes, I see the man layed there unconscious with blood oozing out the back of his head.

Coughing violently, I lift my head up to I see Kendall. Her breathing was shallow, shoulders in a slight shiver while tears pooled her disturbed wide eyes. She was frightened, I could see it evidently at her shaking hands as she held the ceramic tank cover she used to hit the man on his head.

"Ry—Rye..." She cried, her voice that let out a sharp crack broke my heart.

Kendall tossed object it her hands then throws herself at me, burying her face on my neck, I can feel her nails digging on my skin from her clenching fist just to hold me. Still taken aback and in haze, I wrapped her in a comforting embrace, squeezing her tighter while I let her whimper against me.

"Are you hurt? Any injuries?" I bombard her with questions, that she answered with the shake of her head. I signed heavily in relief. "I'm so glad you're safe."

Kendall pulls her head back, one of her hands tinidly slithering up to my neck. "What about you?....are you alright?" She meekly asked, tracing the temporary finger marks on my skin.

I nodded and heave ourselves back to our feet. "We need to get out here." I pull her to the door.

Kendall resist, trying to snatch her wrist back. "What about the girls? My sister? my bestfriends? We need to find them."

I paused and grasp her shoulders, trying to calm her down. "It's alright, don't worry. They should be with the others. We're going to meet them at the agency."

Kendall seizes and lets me guide her to the emergency stairs leading down to the meeting area closer to where the entrance is.

"What happened Rye?" Kendall whispered, her eyes scanning the results of the whole ordeal. "I thought this base was hidden?"

"It was," I muttered in dismay, gazing at her regretfully. "Someone in the unit has betrayed us, we're going to find out who it is after we get all of you out here safely."

"Who would do such thing?....You all seemed so close." Kendall flinches  when she sees the lifeless guard on as we walk. through the main entrance, she leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes shut, relying on me to keep guiding her forward.

"I wouldn't call it close, we're just working together and do our job as we're expected to ...maybe that's the reason why the person easily ratted us out." I speculate, stopping by the curb while my eyes skim the lot trying to find my car.

Kendall opens her eyes and looks up to me "Who do you think it is?"

Stopping momentarily, I stare at her. "I...I don't know..." I shrug my shoulders in uncertainty. "Listen Kendall, until we find out who the traitor is in our unit, never talk to them."

She nods in understanding. "What about the girls?"

"You can all still all hangout but when some of my team comes you stay away and be cautious." I advise. "I'm sure that the others would tell it to the girls."

"Alright," She shake her head in understanding. "If one of you is the traitor then what will happen to the girl they're guarding? She'd be in danger right?"

"Yes they would, but I have a plan. " I answered, glancing at her. "I know I said trusting someone is a risk but I don't have any other choice. I'll make sure that your  sister and your friends are safe. I'll keep you safe."

Kendall twist her body to face me and steps closer, she wraps her arms around my waist and pressed her ears on my chest, that by now was beating really wildly and I wish that she wouldn't feel it.

"I know you'll protect us." She whispers softly. "Just promise me you'd be safe too."

I leaned the side of my face ontop of her head. "I can't promise that."

"I guessed. At least try okay?" Her grip around me tightens.

"You have my word."

Unedited.

What do you lovelies think about this
chapter?

anyone already following me on Instagram? you can hmu📢🤙🏻

Follow me:
insta: riee. aigle27