Volume 7 Ep. 5 - Pomp and Circumstance

Atlas Tundra
Y/N

The golden sun sets over the Atlesian mountains. Four trucks roll in. And, in tow, was Amity Coliseum itself. Floating in its former glory. In the back of my mind, memories of the Vytal Festival played on mute.

Ahead of me, the rest of the group, still in a state of awe, staring at the Ace Ops. "You guys were incredible!" Jaune compliments Clover, running up to him. "Oh, the way you took down that Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you know exactly what to do!" Jaune carried on.

"Well, Ace Ops are hand picked to perfectly complement one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind." Clover explained.

"Some of us are all assets, zero liability." Marrow says confidently with a salute. Elm scoffs from the side. "Wha -- Yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?" He confronts her.

"Your brains, for one." She burnt. Clover, Elm, and Harriet laugh as the Faunus groans and pouts. "You did ask." Vine stated as the former three and he walks past.

Unnoticedly, Nora approaches Elm with wide eyes and a smile. Finally noticing her presence, she turns to the orange-haired soon-to-be Huntress. "Hi! Do you need a new best friend? Our pair name can be..." She pauses as she moves closer.

"THUNDER THIGHS!!!" She exclaimed, wielding Magnhild over her head enthusiastically. Harriet watches with a sigh. "Perfect complementary teamwork. Oh, yeah, I want to have my friends back just like that." Ruby runs over to Harriet.

"Friends?" Harriet queried with a raised brow. "This isn't the schoolyard, kid." Elm chuckles. "Thunder thighs..." Nora huskily uttered, to only be picked up by Ren and taken away somewhere else.

"But, I mean, when you go through so much with someone, it kind of changes things, doesn't it?" Yang intervenes with the rest of Team RWBY. "We get along well enough, sure. I count on them to keep me alive. They do the same. But that's the job. We don't confuse the two." Harriet inputted before turning away from Team RWBY and walking away.

"Speaking of the job..." Clover steps in. I look behind him to see General Ironwood talking on a communicator. "Duty ever beckons. You all hang back a second." He continues as he gesture to Jaune, and Qrow.

The Ace Ops make their way towards the General as we all stood in the snow. I dragged my foot across the snow to make the time pass by faster. From a distance, Ruby talked to her teammates.

"What do you guys want to do when we get back to Atlas? Sightseeing?" She suddenly gasps. "Oh, what should we visit first?" She asks her team. "How about our beds?" Blake yawns.

"Oh, come on, guys! This is a great time to go exploring! We haven't done that in so long!" Ruby exclaimed. "Ruby, we just explored a whole continent on foot before flying to this one." Weiss walks away.

"Well, yeah, but... it was only the boring parts." Ruby defended. "We almost died." Yang says, crossing her arms. Ruby blows a raspberry. "Hey. Heads up." Qrow calls out to us.

Looking away from the scene, Qrow points at General Ironwood who dismissed the Ace Ops except for Clover. "Can I get the team leaders over here? There's something I'd like to discuss with you. You too, Qrow. Y/N." General Ironwood calls to us.

Making my way to him, I stood next to Ruby. "And Clover?" General Ironwood calls to him. "Don't take Marrow." The leader nods at the General's orders.

"New problems in Mantle?" Qrow asks. "More of the same, unfortunately." General Ironwood sighs. "Someone in Mantle is taking out public leaders who speak out against Atlas." He pulled up a small holographic screen of a familiar guy.