Volume 7 Ep. 3 - Homecoming

Atlas Academy; Headmaster Office
Y/N

"Tell us how we can help." Ruby answered. "Good, because getting the Amity Tower ready to launch won't be easy." General Ironwood started as he walks back to his desk for the nth time.

"But first, I think need to get those weapons of yours up to our standards." He explained as a hologram screen appears, showing footage of Blake drawing Gambol Shroud's broken katana form.

"Remember, this is Atlas. While assisting the military, we will provide you with the best equipment our scientists can devise." Winter stated. "Ooh!" Nora squealed. "Really?" Ren queried. "Yeah!" Yang fists the air.

Soon, after adjourning our small reunion, we left General Ironwood's office. I could hear a conversation happening as we got closer and closer to the intersection. The Ace Ops were the reason for the small chatter.

They soon met us at the bottom of the stairs. "I'd like to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication down in Mantle. We didn't intend to-- "

Cutting the leader off, a tanned, tall girl pushes past her leader and frantically shakes Ruby's hand, accidenlty flailing her about in the air. "I feel so bad, honestly! If we had known who you were, we'd be laughing over a hot meal right now and..." The woman stops as she drops Ruby.

"I understand. You were just following orders." Ruby groggily replied. The red caped girl gets to her feet, groaning, only to be spun around by Weiss. "I mean, you could have asked us some questions first." Weiss interjected.

"Questions are for the weak. But we're all on the same team now. Not that I'm happy about it." The wolf Faunus stated as he crosses his arm. 'Hm?' I noticed that his tail is giving off a different answer.

Noticing his tail, he reaches back and grabs his tail. "We just wanted to say we're sorry. And that we're looking forward to working with you on our next mission. You might be students, but you've been fighting just as hard as we have, if not harder." The leader complimented.

"Exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing what you kids can do." The dark pink eyed huntress expressed. "Not everything's a competition, Hare." The deathly pale man from before spoke.

Suddenly, Penny enters the room and slides in front of Ruby, throwing her hands up in excitement. "C'mon! Let me show you around campus!"

. . .

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Turning to the door, I stood up from my bed. "Come in!" I shouted. The door slides open to reveal General Ironwood. "Are you busy?" He asks me. "No, I just got done out of the shower." I shook my head as the door behind him closes.

"Uh... please! Make yourself at home...?" I greeted. General Ironwood softly chuckles and walks deeper into my given dorm room. "I hope Penny didn't overwhelm you with her tour of the Academy." General Ironwood started.

"It was nothing, General. But it might've seeped out the aura of the others." I replied as I make my way to the corner of my room. "Tea? Or coffee?" I ask. "Either is fine." He replied.

Nodding, I started making some coffee for both of us. "After the fall, Y/N..." General Ironwood started. "Where were you? Rescue teams could only scavenge your weapon." He continued. Pausing for a moment, I let out a small breath before speaking.

"It was rough, General... and..." I sigh as I finished pouring the last drops into his cup. "I'd like to keep it to myself for now." I say, giving him his cup. "Y/N... I've know you as long as Qrow, Glynda, and Ozpin knew you. You can trust me." General Ironwood assured me.

Sighing, once more, I sip out of my mug and sat across from him. "For the small interval of time that I was gone... or disappeared... I slowly regained my memories." I explained.

.

.

.

"General... did you know that my mind was wiped by Ozpin the first time we met?" I look up at him sternly. He averted eye contact and drank out of his mug. "Hmph..." I huffed.

"The memory wiping thing was uncalled for, General. Why didn't you say anything to him about it?" I slightly raised my voice. "Glynda was the first to go against it, Y/N. But Ozpin said it was for the better good." He explained.

"Better good? General... I was only 7 or 8 when I lost my memories... where's the good in that?!" I raised my voice, anger slowly consuming me. "It was for the better good because Ozpin and Amber saw something in you!" He furrowed his brows. My demeanor softens after hearing Amber's name.

"Amber? What? Wha... huh?" I stammered. "Y/N... we needed a protector... a future symbol for the many huntsmen and huntresses to come. A person who would cross paths with us without forcing, without twisting our future." He explained.

"And that person happened to be you." He declared. "A boy who went through and lost everything... then found a new family. Y/N, you don't see it, but Ozpin, Glynda, Qrow, Amber, and I see it. The solution to our problems... the cure to all diseases!" He emphasized.

"And if given over to Salem... could possibly overthrow our forces and ultimately lose the fight." He spoke. He then walks in front of me, kneeling to my eye level.

"Ozpin... Glynda... Qrow... Myself... Amber... and all of your friends shared their wisdom and strength with you. And it is now yours." He says, placing his hand on my right shoulder.

"I'm sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for, but you didn't give me the answer I was looking for either. So it's fair." He patted my shoulder and gets back on his feet.

"Rest now, Y/N. Mission briefing will happen right after you wake up tomorrow. Then after that, we need to set you up with new gear and weapon." General Ironwood leaves for the door. He then stops and turns to me. "Remember, Y/N... you are the one...

"...who will decide how the tide of war is carried out."