Twelve - Quite A Handful

Start from the beginning

"Well, yes-" I sat down next to him, "I don't like it when the attention is drawn to me, y'know. It's kinda embarrassing."

"I see..." He mumbled, "I'm sorry. Should- should I stop giving you so much attention?"

I choked, "Uhm- n-no that's not what I- you're way past the point of making me uncomfortable by now. I- I guess I got used to you a little bit better, don't worry. Don't stress yourself. That's not what I wanted to say--"

I knew I was just dumbly rambling at the point (he did too, judging by his amused expression), but Jungkook just bluntly addressing the elephant in the room (the fact that he was giving me a little more attention than the others) left me feeling sort of uneasy. In a dear-god-why-did-you-have-to-say-that kind of way.

"Oh. Alright then." He leaned back happily, pushing his bangs out of his face in a quick motion.

I stared at him for a moment, feeling jealous of how lightly Jungkook seemed to take all of this, without thinking much of it. Oh, to be a person who doesn't overthink everything and anything.

"Alright everyone," Our very enthusiastic (I'm kidding, he looked tired as fuck :c) history teacher announced, yawning as he stretched his arms over his head, "I'm too tired to do anything today, how about we just watch a movie-" He did not get any complaints, obviously, "- you finish your presentations at home, understood?"

The whole classes hummed agreeing, before a heated conversation about wether Pirates Of The Caribbean or Disney's Robin Hood would be a better movie to watch in history class, started.

I logged out of the debate pretty quickly (Robin Hood is better, obviously) pillowing my head on my arms that were resting on the table.

I was so very ready to sleep for the rest of class when I felt something poke my side.

I attempted to ignore it but it poked me again.... and again- and again, and aga-

"Y/N?"

"What?!"

"When are we gonna finish the presentation?"

I looked up annoyed, eyes needing a moment before they adjusted to the light, and I was able to see more the just black and white dots.

"You're asking 'when', but what you actually mean is 'are we gonna go to your place', right?"

Jungkook nodded guiltily, looking away sheepish.

"Well, the answer to that is no. We're gonna do that at your place or not at all." There was no way I would let poor Jungkook anywhere near my Shifter-hating Grandma.

"Oh. Uhm..." Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek looking away.

"What?"

"I..."

"Are you gonna tell me that we can't go to your place either?"

"No!" The answer way too quickly, "No. That's not it, I just... it's very chaotic... at home."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "I don't care Jungkook, I just want to get that stupid presentation done."

"Oh... well. Then it's okay I guess." He mumbled, "Just... you do know how shifters live, right?"

"Uh, I read something about packs..?"

"Yeah, we don't live with our parents from a certain age on. We kinda... group together and move out early. Yeah. That describes it best I suppose." Jungkook didn't look all that happy about having me over, but what should we do?

"So, you mean it's just gonna be a bunch of young shifters living together?"

"...yeah?"

Well. This was gonna be interesting.

___

happy birthday to the prettiest fucking person on this planet

xx

That Awkward Magic ◆ JeonJungkook✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara