• E I G H T •

Start from the beginning

What was happening?

Not that Elijah minded it at all, but this was all so weird. Was he straight? Yeah, of course he was. He had kissed girls and slept with Nicole. They were all girls.

Jake and Tirzah had gone back to their room after an hour of hanging out, stuffing themselves with crisps and gummy worms.
Elijah decided Tirzah was a nice addition to their trio. She was outgoing and extremely friendly and Ryder and Jake seemed to like her a lot. She could talk for hours and not be tired.
But the ultimatum was that she played basketball. She was on the team back at her old school. How could Elijah not like her now? They'd made plans to find a public basketball court and play one on one tomorrow when they went to Charlottesville.
Another thing Elijah had noticed about Tirzah was that she seemed to call everyone "babe".
"Bye Elijah, bye babe!" She'd said, addressing Ryder as babe, making the tall girl blush again.

Yeah, she was pretty cool.

Tomorrow was Sunday. Their first outing would take place. Zeke would be escorting them to the town. They would leave at 10am and be back ny 6pm for dinner.

"Wow, I really didn't think I'd meet a real life pan person." Ryder said, breaking the monotone between them.

"Me neither, but I didn't even know they existed. And you're asexual as well."

"Well, you learn something new everyday."

"Shut the fuck up Ry, I'm so confused about all of this." Elijah replied, laughing.

"Google. Good night fucker, I'm going to sleep now." She quipped and buried herself under her comforter.

"Night Ryder."

Elijah pulled out his phone and taking her advice seriously, googled out shit about asexuality and pansexual people.
Much to his sheer amusement, he found that Nikola Tesla was infact asexual. 1% of the population of the world was asexual. One billion people.

Fuck.

He didn't find much information about pansexual people though. There were quite a few famous celebrities, including Brendon Urie and Miley Cyrus.

Well you learn something new each day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"God Ryder, if you fucking ditch me to sit with Jake and Tirzah, I'll kill you." Elijah mumbled, preparing to run toward the bus that was waiting for them.

"Race you there."

Before he realised it, Ryder dashed across the pavement, shoving him in the process and making her way toward the bus. Elijah started running as well and caught up to her but she beat him to the bus and settled next to Tirzah who all but cheered when she saw Elijah scowl at Ryder.

"Well that was one way to make an entrance. Elijah, you can take a seat with Viggo at the back." Zeke said from up front.

"Yes sir." He flashed his middle finger to Ryder who laughed at him and stuck out her foot to trip him.

He made his way to the back and groaned again. Viggo had taken the seat near the window and Arius was next to him. The empty seat was beside Arius and everywhere else was occupied.

"Fuck, it's you again." Arius said, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Well that's one way to greet me."

"Don't mind him Elijah, unlimited arsehole-ry is a side effect that comes with the amazing person he can be. Why don't you sit down?" Viggo smiled at him.