Chapter 23 [ Mistake and Fear ]

Start from the beginning

What if Ares abandoned me and Aphrodite neglected me?

Uncontrollably, my tears slip out and I cried out loud. Ares was panicking and tried his best to console me and ask me what is happening.

[ I shouldn't have told her about the realistic side of noble marriage! She must be crying because she thought I might marry her off. Adele is too young to know about the cruel side of noble marriage! ]

Poor Ares was thinking she was crying because of the marriage matter.

Aphrodite, who was just returned from the charity event, tiredly pass her head and coat to Yvonne.

"How was Adele doing?"

"Lady Adelliana is fine since his grace has accompanied her the whole day!"

Yvonne smiled cheerfully, waiting for her mistress' reaction but she expectedly received a disgusted reaction from her.

[ I shouldn't have high hopes...]

"That guy actually spent his precious time with his daughter...FOR ONCE? The sun must be rising from the west and the curse of forgotten river must be lifted."

Aphrodite shook her head and head upstairs, with both excitement and uneasiness. She was excited to see Adelliana but her mother intuition was telling her that something was happening.

Aphrodite sped up and open the door of the room. She was greeted with a bewildered scene of the greatest swordsman who has pure divine energy who went into a crazy mad dog during a battlefield, slaughtering humans and toss a head to his daughter (who still remembers it like it's been recorded) was holding his crying daughter with a panic face.

Aphrodite doesn't know, whether she should help him or laugh at him like a crazy person.

"What did you do?!!!" Aphrodite decided to throw the second one regretfully and snatch Adelliana from him.

"I-I think I made her cried because I told her about the political marriage system. Adele must have thought anyone could marry as long as they are in love!"

Again, Aphrodite has no ideas on what kind of reaction should she have. She wants to laugh and repeatedly call him a fool but she will save it when she's in stress.

"Urgh, have you ever used your head to think before speaking for once!? Now she's upset!"

"Then what should we do?!!"

Aphrodite sighed. She pat Adelliana's back and calm her softly. She could feel Adelliana' small fist clenching her clothes.

"P-please don't abandon me...I-I will do anything...s-so please take m-me with you..if you broke up..."

....

"Did you tell her that you will divorce me?"

"No!"

"Then why is she crying, begging not to abandon her?"

"!!!!"

"She must have think about really hard...I shouldn't bring up an adult topic to her next time..."

Aphrodite wanted to smack that smooth raven head of his. She just wanted to smack and whack him!

Aphrodite gave up the ideas and shook her head.

"Silly girl, why would we abandon you? We would never abandon our child, our blood and flesh." Aphrodite calmed her softly and puts on the bed where Ares could also reached her.

"Don't think about the political marriage system too much. If Adele loves anyone, even if he's a commoner, I'll allow it unless he's a leech to our fame and your beauty."