Chapter 23 [ Mistake and Fear ]

Start from the beginning

"Don't fall asleep because of boredom then."

Adelliana nodded her head in determined. She was so ready to hear the male lead's story by himself, without the author's perspective.

"Your mother and I met each other during a party hosted by the royal. That time, I haven't bestowed with the title of an Archduke yet. She approached me first and I left, uninterested. She tried her very best to approach me but I still ignored her and sometimes later, she stopped sending me letters and handkerchiefs."

[ She made him handkerchiefs-? Ain't that a direct message of telling him that she really in mad love with him...?]

"After that, some times passed and the aristocrats began to push me into a marriage, especially your mother's family and to help support the emperor even more, I decided to marry your mother despite her bad reputation in the society. We got married and you were born after some time..."

Wow...it's like listening to a married woman who stuck in a regretful marriage life.

But what about the female protagonist? Is he purposely avoiding that sensitive part? But from his look, he doesn't seem to have any painful reaction.

"Then what about Bellamira...?"

No...I'm not trying to provoke him, but his reaction when telling his unhappy marriage that was mentioned in the novel is too different.

The novel describes during his marriage, Ares was not happy. He desperately searched for the female protagonist, Bellamira all day and night. Aphrodite did waste alot of money, but she still does her job as Ares' wife.

Aphrodite was really evil to the core and Ares strongly hate her that sometimes, he withdrew his sword and threatened her.

So what's up with the chill expression of his?

"Bellamira...? Who is that? Your friend?"

....

What...?

"B-Bellamira? Don't you know her?"

I tried not to stuttering and smile as much as possible. Ares lifted his eyebrow as if what I said was an absolute bullshit.

"I never know someone with such name before, you must have mistook someone with your friend and why do you talk like you have known this person from inside to outside?"

I-I couldn't believe it...Ares, out of all people in this world forgot about the female protagonist, Bellamira?

H-he was her fated one yet he forgot about her?

No...in the novel, the three of them remembered Bellamira and...and...what am I missing...?!

Come to think of it..I think I read something similar to this novel before and not everyone remembers her.

Wait,no! If I remembered correctly, no one remembered Bellamira...the one that has everyone remembered the female protagonist is the other novel that has similar plot to it!

T-to think I actually forgot about everything and...and...Ares and Aphrodite has no memories of Bellamira.

I thought I twisted the story but it's actually my fault for not remembering anything.

It's been almost 6 years since I came to this world and if you count the last time I read that novel, it's been 8 years now.

What should I do...?

I don't want our perfect family to break apart...

Should I prevent them from meeting?

No, no...I can't with this body. Soon, Ares will leave for the borderline because of the barbarians invade. No one can stop him since he is the first commander of the imperial 1st knight troop and not only him, even the emperor and the Archmage will also leave for it.