ᴘᴀʀᴛ 𝟹: ᴛʜᴀᴛ

[8]
       You're happy with me right?

Eight years... Eight wonderful years of laughter and memories... Those were the times that Jimin cherished the most. Him and Jungkook were now graduated and working as business partners in their own gaming company. There wasn't a day that the two of them would leave each other's side cause they are the only one who can understand each other's complex personality. Jimin would even joke about getting tired of seeing the latter's face everyday, from which he earns a hard slap on his back.

"Fuck you Kook! That hurts a lot!" Jimin hisses, his back stings from the impact.

"Well sucks to have a fragile and small body, you can't even take a single slap from your best friend..." He smirked.

"Well I can take soft back slap, Mr. Muscle Pig! But you always overdo it as if you want me to throw up blood..." He shot him an "I'm-gonna-kill-you-real-soon" glare from which he gained  a chuckle and shoulder shrug from the taller.

They never change the way they treated each other. Moreover, they grew even closer since Jungkook promised his best friend that day that he will move on for real...

Well, sort of...

Because behind those beautiful smiles and playful facade, is a fragile heart that still yearning for the same person 8 years ago...

[9]
       And that was the moment I knew I lost you completely....

"Oh there you are! I've been looking for you around the company, yet no one knew where you are..." Jimin smiled when he finally found his best friend. "What are you doing here Kook? Is there something wrong?"

Jungkook looked up to him, glassy eyes visible in the afternoon sun. "J-Jimin-ah... I-I...."

The smaller didn't hesitate to come closer and enveloped the latter in his arms for comfort.

"Do you still miss her?" Those five words that made his body shiver from fear. Although he knew the answer, he is still hoping for Jungkook to tell him the truth.

"For eight years, God knows that I'm still waiting for a sign that maybe she can finally come back and choose me over her ambition... Eight long years of trying to make everything better, but I failed... Because in those eight years, my heart still wants her and no one else..." Jungkook bit his quivering lip as he look up in the blue sky.

Jimin stared at the floor blankly as he trying to process his best friend's confession. He can't believe the fact that he was there for Jungkook in all those years yet the said boy didn't even care about him at all... "In all those 8 years that you continue loving her, where was I in your life?"

[10]
         So I guess I should stop walking beside you and let you go on your own way. Maybe by the time you notice my absence, you will realize my worth.

After their hurtful conversation, Jimin invited his brother and his in-law for a drink. This whole I love my best friend for God knows how long issue became their topic for the past how many years of their lives. Even Jin wanted to cut his throat after crying his heart out for several times they are together. He knew that his brother and his husband would always choose to see his happiness above all, but as much as he wanted to love someone else, Jimin will always find a reason to love Jungkook again.

But maybe not this time...

"What's going on? Why are you crying again?" Namjoon sat beside him, taking the beer bottle away from his hand. "Is this about HIM again?"

Jimin smiled sadly as he try to reach out for his beer. "It's always about HIM..."

Jin patted his brother's shoulder and asked, "Do you mind sharing what he did this time?"

Jimin swallowed the lump in his throat as the tears dampen his cheeks again. "He still love her even after all those years...." His clasped hands were getting white with the amount of force he's using to clench it. "Can you believe it hyungie? Jungkook still loves the woman who left him for good!" He starts laughing bitterly. "She left him with a goddamn reason, yet that IDIOT is still in love with her!! Where's the justice there?!"

Jin drew his hand up and down to calm the latter down but he didn't. He punched the table multiple times until his fist were bruised and bleeding.

"Jungkook still love her for all those years, so where was I in his life when he was trying to forget the pain of losing someone? Am I really just a mere friend to him and nothing more?!" He slumped back to his seat and sighs deeply. "I'm tired hyung... I'm so tired... Why can't he see me as the person who will never leave him? Why always Jennie?"

Namjoon embraced the smaller while patting his head gently. "Maybe your best friend isn't destined to fall in love with you in the first place Jiminie... You know, when you force yourself to something or someone that didn't fit in your life, then things will started to get painful. And I gotta be honest with you, you're the one who will suffer the consequences more if you keep insisting the same old thing..." He kissed the latter's temple. "You should learn how to love yourself more... If Jungkook will finally see your worth, he will come to you... Let the wounds heal by time first..."

Jin embraced both Jimin and his husband. He knew that the only thing he can provide right now is his presence and understanding in the situation. Maybe if his brother will sober up the next day, he can advice him to live his life outside the box, and in his case, without Jungkook.