ᴘᴀʀᴛ 𝟷: ᴛʜᴇ

[1]
           Just by looking at you, I feel like my entire world is spinning upside down.

"Park Jimin... Ya! Park Jimin are you even listening?" Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of his best friend's face who's now busy wandering around his dreamland.

"H.. Huh? What did you just say?" He replied back, confusion is quite visible on his pale but beautiful face.

"I guess you didn't heard anything that I said..." Jungkook sighed and shook his head the moment he look into his best friend who happens to continue his daydreaming. "Jimin-ah! You're ruining my love story..."

Jimin shoot him an apologetic smile when he finally left his alternate universe. "Okay, okay... Tell me everything that happened today, but please start from the beginning since I didn't heard anything at all..."

Jungkook sighed even more but he never let his disappointment ruin his happiness. He moved closer to his best friend and wrapped his arms around the smaller's shoulder as he started talking again. "Well for starters, I'm dating someone now..."

Jimin look up to him from his food, shocked at first but he didn't voice it out to his friend. He knew from the start that sooner or later, Jungkook will find someone who can make him happy more that what he did to the latter. He is also aware that his best friend will never lie to him, even if the said guy will unintentionally hurt him in the process...

YES, it's true. He is in love with his childhood best friend but you didn't heard it from him okay?

"Oh wow... I didn't know that my best friend can finally love someone that deep... I'm so happy for you Kook..." Jimin gave him a thumbs up after hearing the great news.

"You're not that serious about that right? My best friend didn't think of me as a tin can without a heart right?" Jungkook chuckled as he grabbed some fries in his plate to throw it to the other boy.

"You can't blame me though... You're way worse than a teenager who's having a puppy love..." He teases.

"Ya! I'm offended... I thought we're best friends! I should have known from the start that Park Jimin is MEAN..." The latter placed his hand on top of his chest in offended manner, yet his face tells otherwise.

"Trust me, I know..." He giggled.

[2]
         And that was the sound of my heart shattering with every single words that you said...

Jimin explained his worries to his brother who happens to know his true feelings for Jungkook. (Well, by accident since Jin borrowed his laptop full of the latter's photo) He knew that the smaller is just faking his happiness towards the news but the only thing he can do is to listen to his rants about Jungkook being stupid.

"..... And we ended up cleaning all the mess that we made— Hyung? Hyung?! Aren't you gonna laugh at my story?" Jimin frowns a little as he keep staring at his quiet brother.

"O-oh... Well I-Uh... I wasn't really paying attention to your story since I'm quite busier with my classes today..." Jin lied.

"Oh! Then I guess I should stop bugging you with my rants and let you rest for awhile... We were still having dinner right?"

Jin quickly nods as he patted his brother's hair. He knew that whatever Jungkook decides will most probably affect the latter's feelings towards him. So he must protect his brother at all cost... Show him that he values more than what he think he is...

"Of course Jiminie... I can't skip dinner with my brother, not even with those school works..."

[3]
                 And so it started....

Jimin still continue hanging out with Jungkook despite his traitorous feelings for the latter. He never missed any chance for them to be together, not even their weekend sleepover. He never let his emotions take over his sanity and he kept the pain of his chest at bay.

But a single date may lead to another one and that explains the sleepless nights and late night worries of the person in pain. It can also be the root of someone's heart breaking tears and hopelessness.

"Jimin-ah, I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Jennie..." Jungkook smiles when he finally introduced his girl to his best friend.

"Hey!" Jimin smiled. "Now I know the reason why Kook is so whipped." He offered a handshake while making an eye contact. "I'm Jimin, HIS BEST FRIEND since birth..."

Jennie accepted the handshake and gave him a shy smile. "I'm so happy to meet the person who takes care of him like a real brother... Thank you for doing that to my Kookie..."

Jimin's smile faltered a little but he shouldn't let his jealousy fuck this day up. "It's my pleasure... Jungkook is like my brother from another mother, so I can't help but to take care of him..."

Jennie giggled from what she heard from the latter, making Jungkook pouts a little. "Ya Jimin-ah! Don't steal my girl... I love her!"

Both Jimin and Jennie can't help but to laugh by the sudden comment from the taller. Although Jimin knew that Jungkook is just kidding, he can't help but to feel a little bitter... He will never experience being Jungkook's lover...

"Don't worry Kook, it will never happen... I don't want my best friend to brand me as girlfriend stealer..."

Jungkook grinned when he messes the smaller's hair. "Good... Cause I won't forgive you if you will..."