CH 1 - I Ain't Seen You Since Last Year! - Prince's POV

Start from the beginning

Prince: [shaking my head in agreement] Yeah, I guess that's true.

.

We get out of the car and head towards the front door. After Ms. Smith rings the doorbell, we were greeted by an older lady holding the young boy's hand. We immediately start scanning the boy and his surroundings. She directed us into the living room and told us to have a seat while she went to get the boy's aunt.

.

(Mrs

(Mrs. Shepherd's - Floor Plan)

.

Old Lady: [calls out like she was singing a song] DESIREE! The CPS people are here.

Lady (Desiree): Okay, Grandma, I'm coming.

.

Her – Desiree

Her – Desiree

Desiree Lancaster-Shepherd
Age/Height/Weight: 24, 5' 7", 125 lbs.
Identifies/Orientation & Role/Acts: Straight/DL Bisexual

.

Ms. Smith stood up and waited for the lady to come into the living room. I was focusing on the boy's behavior as I was instructed to do. My back was turned to the room where she was coming from. I could see the "annoyed" look on Ms. Smith's face when the lady entered the living room. From what I could hear, she was on the phone. Ms. Smith has a thing about being on the phone when she's conducting an in-home visit.

.

DESIREE ON THE PHONE

.

Desiree: Baby, where are you? CPS is here. You're supposed to be here for this.

Male's Voice On The Phone: [muffled, but loud enough to be heard] ... Yo chill ... Baby, I'm coming. I'm like two minutes away.

Desiree: [breathing a sigh of relief] Okay. Love you, bye. [looking at Ms. Smith as she ends her phone conversation]

... I'm sorry about that. My husband had a last-minute job interview.

Ms. Smith: I understand. Life happens. As we discussed last week, we're here to observe the family and ensure that the child is adjusting well to the changes.

Desiree: Yes ma'am.

Ms. Smith: My first question is. Who is this lovely lady, and will she have regular contact with Jonathan?

Desiree: Oh, this lovely lady is my grandmother ... and so, that makes her Jonathan's great-grammy. She came up to help us. And I have the background paperwork right here.

Ms. Smith: Okay, thank you. That was gonna be the next thing I said. [giggling]

.

The door can be heard opening and closing, and I hear a man's voice say.

.

Kareem: Sup shawty, I'm BAAACK! And guess what!

.

Him – Kareem

Him – Kareem

Kareem Antwan Shepherd
Age/Height/Weight: 23, 6', 165 lbs.
Identifies/Orientation & Role/Acts: Straight/DL Bisexual – Fully Versatile

.

As soon as I heard the voice, I'm instantly having a flashback to my college days. I was daydreaming about both of us getting pumped full of each other's "BBCs" at BBCU.

.

.

While I was reliving parts of the two years of being Kareem's roommate/unofficial boyfriend, he walks into the living room and immediately recognizes me.

.

Kareem: OH SH ... [catching himself and doesn't curse]

... I mean, sup roomie?

.

When Kareem walks over to me, I stand up and extend my hand to shake his, but he grabs me and hugs me instead. Pretty much all of my senses were going through it. He was still wearing the same cologne he wore back then, as the scent entered my nose. I didn't wanna let him go. It felt so good to be in each other's arms again. I almost forgot where I was, as all I could think of was grabbing Kareem and kissing him right then and there. I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what I was thinking, but I had to act like a professional. So I played it off as cool as possible.

.

Kareem: I ain't seen you since last year! Whatchu doin' here?

.

.

.

DISCLAIMER.

All the posts in this story, are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. The pictures used within this story are for visual representation only. The author of this book does not state or implied that the actions written in this story are representative of the actual people.

.

...... ⏭