Don't Let Go -2

"I'm waiting." He again said, impatiently.

"I can't come to meet you. I've exam tomorrow." She tried to make him understand.

"You've been studying since yesterday, take a small break."

"But-

"I'm waiting outside your house."

She bit her lip and then gave in, she was exhausted from studying continuously, she surely needed a break.

"Okay, wait." She said and hung up.

This boy was making her do things she never even thought of doing in her life, that included sneaking out from her home at night while everyone was asleep.

She carefully closed the door behind, and started taking steps towards his car.

She opened the door, and sat in.

He took the turn, and now they were on road.

"This is not right." She said and he looked at her.

"Whats not right?"

"This. Me sneaking out its not right."

"We like each other, its nothing wrong."

"I..I don't like you." She said, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

He chuckled, "Jhoot acha bol leti ho."

"Aur ap baatein achi bana lete hain."

"Haaye, yeh apka ap kehna kissi din jaan le lega." Kartik said dramatically putting his hand over his chest.

"Drive." She said and looked away.

__________________________________

Walking over sand, she gazed at their footprints. His hand slightly brushed against hers, and held it in a strong grip.

Feeling him holding her hand, she looked away blushing.

"You're blushing as if I'm holding for the first time." He laughed out.

"Here, look at me." He said making her to face him, "You don't need to be shy with me, okay?"

They heard a whistle from behind, he looked behind and saw a boy of almost their age, looking at Naira with not so innocent stare.

"What are you looking at?" Kartik asked standing infront of Naira, hiding her behind him.

"You blocked my view, how can I see now?" The other one said.

Kartik gripped his collar, "Get lost from here, before I snatch these eyes out."

"Kartik." Naira pushed him towards her, just a look at her and his inner turmoil calmed down, his eyes softened seeing the fear in Naira's eyes, he knew she's really sensitive, just like a petal that needed to be held with care.

Kartik let go of that man's collar and he ran away instantly.

"I'm sorry. Are you scared?" Kartik asked cupping her face.

"Why do you keep getting in fights because of me? I don't like violence." She said as a pool of tears brimmed in her eyes.

"Because I can't tolerate anyone else looking at you. It makes me mad."

"Let them look at me, I only look at you, it should matter." She said pushing his hands away, a smile appeared on his face.

"Good, you should only look at me, only think of me." She looked down realizing what she said.

He held her hand and they both sat down on sand.

"I'm in love with you." He said and her cheeks turned into the darkest shade of pink.

"Dekho koi jhooti umeed na dena, agar pyaar hai tou keh do aur agar nahi hai tou bhi bata do, lekin aisi koi bhi jhooti umeed mat do."

"Maine konsi jhooti umeed di?"

"The way you blush whenever I look at you, the way you secretly look at me. You say you don't like me but still you break all rules for me, you spend time with me." He said.

"I do because-

"Because?" He asked.

She looked away.

"Isko main kya samjhun? Inkaar?"

"Maine aisa kab kaha?"

"Tum kuch kehti hi nahi ho."

"Main kya kahun."

"Kuch nahi. Lets go, its getting dark." He said and got up. She silently followed him and sat in car.

He stopped car a little far from her house.

She looked at him, he looked back.

"Go now." He said.

"Good night?"

He hummed.

She looked here and there, making sure that no ones here. She leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheeks and ran out of the car.

He leaned back on seat and smiled closing his eyes.

____________________________

He stopped car near her college gate to pick her up. She passed by his car but didn't look at him. He got out from his car, following her.

"Naira." He called out but she didn't turn and got into bus. He frowned, she saw him but still didn't come to meet him.

It continued for a week, she didn't even pick his calls nor came to meet him. He was being patient with her thinking she might need space.

____________________________

Another night, she was laying in her bed staring the ceiling when her phone rang.

It was his.

This time she picked it up, knowing she can't run from it.

"Hello." She said.

He breathed, she could hear it, she could sense it.

"Mubarak ho." She painfully closed her eyes, letting the tears to flow from the corner of her closed eyes. He knew.

A week ago, her father came to her with a proposal, she couldn't say no to her father seeing the hope in his eyes. It broke her heart, she never confessed to him, but she loved Kartik. Now he was not hers, she was engaged to someone else.

They both didn't say anything, she kept listening to his breathes, his pained breathes.

Breaking the silence, he spoke up.

"Mera kya kasoor tha jo yunh beech mein laa kar chor diya?"

He hung up without waiting for her reply.

Maybe this was love, thats why everyone said love is pain. For the world, he could get anything he wanted, he himself thought he could get everything. But getting his love forcefully was something that his heart never allowed him to do, he was helpless, love made him helpless and it was a shame.

__________________________________

Vote and comment, pls.