The Drowning Sun -1

Naira was pacing here and there in her room. Worry was visible in her eyes. She kept looking at the clock. It was past 1 of the midnight and he was still not home. He used to come back early, she even called his manager, he told her that he has left the office.

The tension was building in her, he wasn't picking up his phone and she had no idea where her Husband could be.

She took a breath of relief when she heard the door opening, she knew it was him, she can recognize him even he's miles away.

The room door opened and there he was standing.

She hurriedly ran towards him and hugged him. Wasting no time he hugged her back.

She broke the hug.

"Where were you? I was so worried for you." She said looking at him, still in his embrace.

"I'm sorry, jaan. Got stuck with the sudden meeting, had to prepare presentation for it." Kartik said again taking her in his embrace.

"But the manager told he has left the office early, is he lying?" She thought, but soon shrugged when he hugged more closely.

She smelled his shirt, he don't smell like this. She knows his smell.

'Another girl... no no what I'm thinking'

She again broke the hug.

"Don't ever do this again. I was so worried about. You wasn't picking up your phone. You know what kind of thoughts were coming in my mind." She told up and end up crying.

"Don't cry please. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize, please I'm sorry." Kartik said while cupping her face, but she didn't stop, she was afraid, but why?

"Please aise mat roo, Naira. Main bohot helpless ho jata hoon tumhe aise rote dekh kar. I feel like I failed in keeping you happy. I love you so damn much, Naira. Please I am sorry. Mujhe maaf kardo please, Naira. Mujhe maad kardo." He said while a tear escaped his eyes.

She was confused, why was he asking for her forgiveness. She knew it wasn't because he came late, it was something else. She never saw her Kartik this helpless.

"It's okay, Kartik. Why are you saying sorry? You know na I'm so possessive about you, that's why I get scared at little things. You don't worry, I'm completely fine. I love you, Kartik. Please don't ever leave me." She mumbled those last words, but he heard her and hugged her.

His fear started coming back, he made himself ready to tell her the truth, he can't hide anything from Naira. But will she be able to bear the truth? He can't break her. He can't see tears in her eyes because of him. He can't see her hurt, his Naira, his life, hurt.

"It's getting late. Let's sleep now." She said and broke the hug.

He nodded and kissed her forehead. He went to washroom and after changing in his night suit, he came out.

He went to bed and took her fragile in his arms, but sleep was far from his eyes.

***

She woke up and looked to the other side, but found it empty. She guessed he left for office.

She got out of bed and saw his last night's shirt on couch. She picked it up and smelled it.

'im overthinking things'

She instantly washed that shirt, indirectly washing all the randomsthoughts going on in her mind.

She prepared the lunch and thought to go his office, to surprise him.

She went to his office with lunch but his manager stopped him.

"Sir has ordered not to let anyone come in his office, he needs privacy." His manager told her.

"His orders don't rule on me." She said and went towards his office.

She stopped infront of his office and looked at the name plate, where her name was mentioned with his, right bedside his. Naira.

She opened the door making sure not to make any noise to surprise him, but this time he surprised her. The surprise who snatched the floor, who soaked all the blood from her body.

He was hugging a girl. He was caressing her hairs, she snuggled more into him. She was waiting for Kartik to move away from her but he didn't, but said those words who broke her completely and crushed her only hope.

"Don't worry. I won't leave you." He said those soothing words to that girl.

It was enough for her, she can't see something like this. How can she see her husband hugging some other girl, saying those words he used to say to her?

She left his office and said his manager not to inform him about her visit.

She cried her heart out, she cried as if her life is finished, he was her life and today he finished her, he killed her soul, he killed her.

It was 6 in the evening and she was still crying. She didn't know how this happened. Was she not enough for him? Yesterday he told her how much he loves her, this was his love?

She was broken, and he broke her.

***

Kartik came from office and went to their room. She was standing near window, she turned towards him. She saw his eyes red, like he cried. He saw her eyes red. They both knew they had cried, but the reason of each other's crying was still unknown to them.

"What happened? Why are you eyes red? Why you cried?" He asked with concern cupping her face, she still couldn't believe him. Was he acting all this or she misunderstood him?

"A little allergy I guess." She said.

"You sure." He asked, concern visible in his voice.

She nodded.

"Come, have dinner." She said and he silently followed her.

They both had their dinner in silence. No words were exchanged.

They went to their room, Naira was going to change her clothes when he stopped her.

"Naira, I want to talk." He said making her sit on bed and sitting on his knees infront of her.

"Bolo, kya baat hai?" She asked, she knew where these talks were leading.

He took a deep breath and finally said those words.

"There's a girl."

And his words worked as a knife who stabbed her heart brutally.

"There are million of girls." She said with a slight chuckle, hoping its not true what she's thinking or what he's going to tell her.

"No, you're not understanding. There's a girl in my life...other than you."

***

Here's the new story, please drop your views about this story.

Do vote and comment♥

Stay safe and Stay home💕