"everyone wants to be us," draco chuckled as him and maddy left the great hall

"can we blame them?" she winked and before the two could continue their conversation, gasps erupted around the area.

everyone looked up to the staircase, including the two and there was hermione granger.

the most beautiful girl madison has ever seen.

especially right now.

"you're drooling," the blonde joked as maddy admired the girl. her hair was put up with some curls running along her neck, and her periwinkle dress slid gracefully on the floor.

viktor krum then intertwined their hands, which made the girl frown.

"talk to her," phoebe showed up, nudging her sister. "i'll distract krum."

"i-i can't," maddy whispered, fidgeting with the ring located on her right pointer finger.

"oh come on, stutters. i know you got it in you. i'll go find crabbe and goyle, and give you some space. come and find me once you're done," draco gave his friend a quick hug and went back to where the ball was being held.

phoebe took this as a sign and walked up to the pair, grabbing onto krum's hand and leading him in another direction.

harry and ron went back inside while everyone else went back to their conversations.

hermione noticed maddy awkwardly standing there and giggled, gracefully walking towards the girl.

"y-you, uhm, you look a-amazing," the taylor girl choked out, getting slightly mad at herself for not keeping her cool.

"you do too, like always."

silence.

"so, who'd you end up coming with?" hermione cleared her throat, genuinely wanting to know.

"uh, draco."

"you didn't say yes to fleur?"

"uhm, she, uh, i told her she wasn't my type."

"and what exactly is your type?"

maddy thought for a second before responding, "nerds," she shrugged, seeing phoebe freaking out since krum was walking back outside for his date. "see you around, darling."

the night was amazing. draco and maddy spent the night dancing and messing around in the snowy great hall, having the time of their lives. the brunette and a special bushy-haired girl did make eye contact several times, their smile growing even bigger each time.

"go," draco nodded to the exit, where an arguing hermione and ron were located.

"but we're-"

"it's fine. i'll go dance with pansy or something."

"are you sure?" maddy asked, genuinely feeling bad. the blonde assured her so she gave her a kiss on the cheek and headed to find the two she's grown close to these past two years.

instead of seeing the two, she spotted hermione crying on the steps.

"mione," she mumbled, catching the girl's attention, causing her to attempt to wipe her tears away. "stop," maddy sat next to her, intertwining their fingers.

"how was your night?"

"you know i won't answer that question until you tell me what's wrong, love."

"just ron being rubbish."

"nothing new," maddy joked, trying to lighten the mood. "what'd he do?"

"he was trying to control my life, basically."

"i'll talk to him," the brunette mumbled, wrapping her arms around the younger girl, which made both of them instantly feel better.

and they stayed like that, just sitting in silence, until minnie forced them to go to their dormitory.

𓆉

"can we talk?" maddy softly shook her sleeping sister.

"did i do something?" the girl yawned.

"uh, no. draco wants me to meet him somewhere to talk about something important, and i have a feeling i know what it is, so i want you to be there, you know, seeing as we're twins and this is an important step in my life or whatever."

phoebe instantly rose up, rushing towards a mirror to make sure she looked okay, then back to her sister.

"let's go," she smiled.

madison led her to where hermione had punched draco the previous year, and they spent the whole walk just talking about random things.

"why is she here?" the blonde asked when the two arrived.

"she's my twin sister," maddy shrugged.

"i would like you, but you're always all smiley," draco shuddered, causing the two girls to snort in amusement.

"so why am i here?" phoebe raised an eyebrow.

"oh, yeah. madison here has something to admit to us."

little did the three know, hermione and ginny were having the exact same conversation.

"well it's now or never," maddy sighed, taking a deep breath and switching her glance between the two people in front of her.

draco smirked and phoebe looked at her with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"i think im in love with hermione."

word count- 1116
date written- october 9, 2020
just a reminder that i don't proof read cus im a lazy butt