Prologue

Hi my names Ava. The games Books. Yep it's pronounced Books with a B because they aren't normal books.

Starting the first chapter with his dark materials theme tune because it relates to my journey of visiting people from other worlds. And that it's top rating is three of his dark materials. You can always see me in a modern jeans and blouse or even a librarian top and skirt.

Anyway talking about other worlds, stories and books are more lovable to me than anything else in the universe. They are my worlds. I could be reading Narnia a day and then Harry Potter another day. They helped me get through school and bullies, as everyone made me feel alone and unwanted in school, no one wanted to hang out with me at lunch time and when dinner came, I went, I ate, I walked. I sat. At the school library and began to read until lunchtime finished. I learned that time was the best way. It was time. To fully understand and battle my inner demons (and outer) was with patience.

College came soon enough and I had gotten use to the idea of being away from people so I carried on my habit of reading at dinner time, but my new friends and a fresh set of perspective. Gave me the unfulfilled happiness and confidence I needed. Which I didn't get from school may I just add. I learned then school was an overall pain, although a few people were genuine the rest were toxic to me. College made me better and I finally turned over a new leaf.

Finishing college was stressful as finding the perfect job (or a job) was the worst thing you could have asked of me. Everything changed that second week of library work experience. When the professor found me reading hidden in fluffy kids toys (I was suppose to be on duty)

I then found the perfect job in 2020.

"What if I told you that you could go into those favourite books of yours with a special key?"

I mean using keys to get into stories and keeping characters on the right path was a bit of a handful. But alas, I love every moment of it.

Then soon enough.

I became a character of my own.

~

Highest rankings

Coffee Shop Brew Stories 1
Anne With An E 107
Safe Love 14
Secret Treasures 1
Alex Rider 10
Shaw Rocket Fund Contest 1
Emerald City 1
Retelling 27
His Dark Materials 3
Write Together 17
Little Red Riding Hood 19
I Am Here 4
Hurdle A Problem 1 + featured in
Wonderland 57
Fairytale 231
Wattpad Contest 80
Stories Undiscovered 4 + featured in
Bullying Prevention 900 + featured in