Chapter 20

TRIGGER WARNING! : This chapter mentions Domestic Violence, if you are sensitive to this topic, please don't read!!

"Hello, Belle. Did you miss me?" My uncle said, an evil grin plastered on his face.

This motherfucker always finds me, no matter how hard my mother tries to protect me, he always finds me.

I forced myself to let out a fake smile, knowing damn well I would pay the consequences if I showed the slightest bit of fear in front of other people.

"Of course, uncle Ed" I managed to say. My heart was hammering so loud against my chest I began to fear Hermione would hear it.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come and give me a hug" He said, his arms wide open. I gulped, curling both of my hands into a fist as they sat on my sides. I slowly began to walk towards him, a fake smile plastered on my face. I felt professor Dumbledore's eyes on me the entire time, looking right through me. I'm sure he sensed my fear for my uncle since the very second I saw him.

I tried not to flinch, as I walked into his arms and felt his rough touch as he hugged me back. The familiar smell of his cologne brought back memories that I wish I would forget. I felt him lightly chuckle, rubbing my back, before he finally pulled away.

"How are you, dear? You look better than I thought you would. By the way professor Dumbledore described your accident on that letter he sent to your mother I feared you'd be horribly beaten up" He said, looking down at me with a worried expression. A fake one, of course, since he's left wounds on me twice the size of my current one. My eyebrows furrowed at the mention of my mother.

"You were with mother?" I asked, in confusion. How else would he have known about my mother's letter?

"No, but I was in your home when the owl delivered the letter. I haven't heard from your mother in weeks, I was hoping you would be able to tell me about her whereabouts. I've been worried sick about her" He said. So that's how he found me, he was in my home when the owl delivered the letter. And since my mother was not there to receive it, he managed to get his hands on it.

He's such a psychopath, staying in our home when no ones there. I bet he's been staying there for weeks, enjoying having the castle to himself. Such a sick bastard. Maybe my mother vanished because she somehow knew he was going to "visit", so she fled before he arrived. I'm just glad she's nowhere near him, wherever she is, I hope she stays there until he gets tired of waiting for her and leaves.

"I haven't heard from her since three weeks ago" I said, walking back towards Hermione. She looked at me with a suspicious look, but I ignored it. "I see" my uncle said, a suspicious tone in his voice as he stared at me with intent. I looked away, feeling intimidated by his stare.

"We should probably get to the dorm so you can rest. You know what Madame Pomfrey said, you could pass out any minute now if you stood up for too long" She said, letting out a nervous giggle. I looked at her in confusion, unsure by her sudden need to lie. She quickly opened her eyes at me, signaling me to go along with it.

"Right!" I said, realizing what she was doing. "I wouldn't want Madame Pomfrey to get mad at me if I end up in the hospital again for not following her orders, Hermione will make sure I'm all tucked in bed safely" I said, sending a convincing smile towards my uncle. I glanced at professor Dumbledore, who was looking at me with intent, furrowing his brows at my strange behavior. For the love of Merlin's beard, I hope he doesn't start asking questions.

My uncle's eyes moved over to Hermione as soon as I said her name. He raised his brow in judgment, as he eyed her up and down with a slight hint of disgust. "Hermione Granger, I suppose?" He asked, a judgmental tone clear in his voice.