Chapter 12

The beautiful yet extremely annoying sound of the birds chirping outside my window woke me up from my deep sleep. I let out a big yawn, rubbing the tiredness from my eyes before sitting up on my bed. I looked over to Hermione's bed, only to find it empty. That's weird, Hermione always waits for me to wake up so we can go down for breakfast together.

Right, she's probably mad at me because Ron told them what I've been up to. When I got here last night she was already fast asleep, so we didn't get to talk about it. I just know they're all going to give me the silent treatment for god knows how long, and that's if they decide to take it easy on me. I don't think I've ever dome something to make them get angry at me before, actually, I don't think there's ever been a fight between the four of us. Which makes me even more nervous, because I have no idea what to expect. Are they going to let me explain? Are they going to ignore me? Are they going to talk to me?

God, it's too early for this, I haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm already overthinking.

I pulled the covers off me, before standing up from my bed. I got showered and dressed pretty quickly, not wanting to get to Transfigurations class late. I decided to let me hair loose, and put on a little bit of mascara. I usually never really make an effort on my appearance on school days, but for some reason today I feel like it. It doesn't hurt to look at least descent once in a while.

Once I was finished, I grabbed my school bag and headed out the door and down to the common room. To my surprise, Ron was sitting on a couch, his head resting on his hands as he lightly bounced his leg up and down nervously. I silently prayed that he didn't look up and see me as I tried tiptoeing my way around him. However, to my disadvantage, the common room was completely empty, except for him and me, which made it harder for me to walk past him without him hearing me. Everyone must be down at breakfast already.

I tried to quietly walk past him, but failed miserably once I stepped on an old piece of wood from the floor, making it creak loudly. Ron's head shot up from his hands, quickly spotting me from across the room. Well, I guess I was clearly stupid thinking that was going to work. Which now that I think about it, was stupid, because even if I managed to avoid him now, I still have to see him in less than thirty minutes at transfiguration class.

"Isabelle!" He said, quickly standing up once he noticed my presence. I let out a big sigh in defeat, before saying "I've got to get to breakfast" and quickly walking towards the door. I really don't want to talk to him right now, it's too early for this.

"No wait!" He stopped me. "I'm sorry" He said, his voice sounded so sad that I just couldn't ignore him. I slowly turned around, crossing my hands against my chest as I waited for him to continue.

"I'm sorry, I know it was low of me to say that in front of Hermione and Harry but, I mean it's hard for me to have to lie to them all the time for you. And it's even harder watching you lie to them so constantly. I just feel like I'm betraying them if I keep lying to them, but I'll also betray you if I tell them the truth. It's just all too much for me" He explained, looking down towards the floor. "But still, you trusted me and I put you on the spot, so I'm really sorry. I didn't tell them though, when you left. Just thought you should know that" He apologized again.

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. I hadn't realized the position I had put Ron in, I literally placed him right in the middle of it. God, I'm so selfish, I truly am. I was so busy worrying about myself and my problems that I didn't even realize how I was harming Ron. And he doesn't even see it, like here he is, apologizing when in reality it should be me.

"No Ron, I'm sorry" I said, not being able to hide the deep guilt and shame I was feeling. He looked up at me, confused by my apology. "I hadn't noticed how selfish I was by asking you to lie to your friends for me. It wasn't fair for you, and I can't begin to imagine the pressure you must be feeling. I'm so sorry" I said, sadly. Every day I feel worse and worse, I need to put an end to this. Not only for my own self, but for Ron too.