Chapter 47

After an awfully stormy night, a brand new morning dawned over Hogwarts Castle, gracefully accompanied by, as some would call it, the calm after the storm. Birds sang happily, the golden sun rays peering through my dormitory window. I could feel the warmth lavishing my skin as I stood in front of it, gazing thoughtfully at the still trees covering the mountains. The blue sky is perfectly clear, not a white fluffy cloud in sight. In fact, if it wasn't for the few collapsed trees or the scattered leaves and sticks laying messily on the ground below, there would be little to no sign of last night's thunderous, windy weather.

However, in my unfortunate case, today isn't the calm after the storm, but more like the eye of the hurricane. Yes, the rain has come to a halt, there's no more thunder, and the skies are no longer gray, but there's one thing that still ties me to last night's events. Something that has my stomach tied into an overhead knot ever since the second I woke up. And that is, of course, none other than Draco Malfoy.

There's quite a big chance that once I emerge from the protective walls of my dormitory, I'll be greeted by the horrific news of everyone knowing my deepest secret, some even going as far as taunting me about it. I've managed to overcome many complications thrown my way this year, but this one? Everyone thinking I'm a lunatic because Draco Malfoy told them I almost cried last night because I thought he was my uncle for a slight second? I don't think I'll be able to handle that. Just imagine the horrible jokes, the cruel comments and the constant taunting I'll get if he truly opened his mouth and spread around such a story about me.

I say if, but I'm sure he wouldn't miss the golden chance to humiliate me. And so I know, as soon as I walk through the door of the Gryffindor common room, I'll face the reality I've been avoiding all morning.

I glanced at the pocket watch laying on top of my night stand, feeling the knot in my stomach tighten as I realized its already time for Transfigurations. I know if I miss it, McGonagall won't let me hear the end of it.

I found myself debating wether I need an education to survive, shaking myself out of it almost instantly. Of course I need to finish my studies, and there's no way I'm letting myself fail just to avoid Malfoy. No matter how much I truly want to, it's just not an option. I can do this, I can take a little taunting from the biggest idiot in this school, I can take his cruel jokes, I can handle having the boy I loved just months ago tearing me apart all over again limb by limb.

I took in a deep breath, before getting myself together, grabbing my school bag, and walking out of my dormitory. Hermione was gone before I even woke up, which I'm glad for. The last thing I need is having to face my backstabbing friend while dealing with Malfoy as well.

With my heart hammering against my chest, I hesitantly walked through the common room's small opening and out into civilization. I kept my head down as I made my way down the crowded hallways, occasionally glancing towards the front to avoid bumping into anyone, until I safely made it towards the classroom.

"Hey" Clover greeted glumly, as I sat down next to her. She curled her lips to a smile, one which didn't reach her eyes. My heart dropped, as I forced one in return, placing my bag on top of the desk. She knows, doesn't she?

"You're lucky professor McGonagall is late today, if not you'd be in quite a jiffy" She said, avoiding my stare as I glanced carefully at her face. Did she hear about it already, but feels too bad to bring it up?

Her eyebrows furrowed, as I stared at her in suspicion, my brow raising on its own. "What?" She asked, confused, and also slightly panicked. Oh, she definitely knows.

"Come on, you can tell me, did he spread it around already?" I asked, watching as her eyebrows furrowed, the panic melting away from her now confused face.