Chapter: 17

Once March hit, I was in Houston for the livestock show and rodeo. I had season concert tickets and a plus one. As I parked and got out, a few from PRCA last year were parked around me. I unloaded Bentley and took him to his stall that was reserved for him.

I got him comfortable before going to get his tack box. I put my lock on the box to keep other people from getting into my stuff. I cleaned my saddle and bridle before doing the same to my saddle bronc saddle. Bailie could not get off for this, but since I am just doing my basics, I can do it all online.

Since Odessa, Ranger has been wanting to spend more time with me. I did not tell him I was going to Houston. He may be here he may not be. I got everything ready for tonight and went to groom Bentley. As I was I felt my shoulder pinched. I turned seeing Riley walk by.

I shook my head as he kept walking. I finished with Bentley before going to get some dinner. Its the Monday before it starts. I took it back to my trailer and ate there. I got into night clothes, mostly a shirt that Ranger left me at Odessa. I did not wash it because he only wore it right before bed.

I curled up in my bed smelling him. When morning hit, I was up in a pair of jeans and a short sleeve with a college hoodie over the top. I pulled my hair back and threw a cap on over my messy hair. I pulled my boots on and threw my covers up on the bed.

I went to feed Bentley and clean his bedding before grooming him and deciding to look around. I found breakfast and continued walking around. I went to the agriculture barn and saw a few babies born, then got some fried foods and walked to the ranching and wildlife expo.

I was casually strolling through when a set of arms wrapped around me. The cologne was what I recognized first. "Miss me already?" I asked Ranger. He rested his head on top of mine and nodded.

I turned in his arms hugging him. "Did not even think I would see you here." He said. "I came for the rodeo." I told him. He kissed the top of my head. "I have to do a report over one of the agribusinesses here that relates to what I am going to be doing and how they became successful in what they did to get there." He said. "Don't worry. I have schoolwork too." I told him.

"Do you have Wi-Fi?" He asked. I nodded. "The business is about to speak. Would you like to join me?" He asked. "I've got nothing better to do." I told him. While he was taking notes, I had recorded the entire thing on my phone for him to listen to later. Once it was over he wanted to buy me lunch while I already had lunch at my trailer. My dad switched the bumper pulls and traded mine in for a new one.

I hate it when they do that to me. His boss bought my old one and paid over what was required for it so, my dad got me a bumper pull with an actual living quarters. I even checked with ford to make sure my car could withstand the trailer. You can bet, the dealership called me and changed the towing capacity on my car to be able to tow over what I actually need it to.

I let Ranger into my trailer and got some lunch meat out of the fridge along with cheese and butter. I stood up getting bread out of the cabinet above and a pan from above the table that folds down to a bed. As I was cooking the grill cheese sandwiches, I put my bedding away and put the table up.

"The Wi-Fi router is in the cabinet above the table. I do not remember the password it is on the box." I said to Ranger as I flipped two sandwiches. He squeezed by me and opened the cabinet. "My school buddies would be jealous that I don't have to stay in a motel tonight." He said. "So, is this like a college field trip?" I asked him.

"Yes ma'am." He answered. I looked behind me seeing him putting the code into a note on his phone. "Let me go get my laptop and stuff real quick." He said. "Ok." I said. I finished cooking by the time he got back. I set my phone on the table before two plates.

I sat down across from him. He opened his laptop and typed on it. Then clicked on one or two things before he opened his phone and typing on his laptop. I ate my lunch first before doing my class work. Did you happen to catch what he said when He started.

I recorded the whole talk. I told him as I started to play it. He pulled some earbuds out of his bag plugging it into my phone. He did his work first while I was taking my time.

I finished just in time to get ready for the rodeo. "You coming with?" I asked him. "I was the only one that bought tickets to the rodeo tonight." He said. "Back behind. I can have a plus one." I told him. "If you don't mind." He said. "I do not mind at all." I said as I went into the bathroom. I changed quickly before he went with me to saddle Bentley. The walk to the arena was short. Ranger did not expect what was going to happen.