Chapter: 14

I decided to stay until a week before Christmas. My parents did not even care if I did because of how busy they were. I had just dropped my horse off at our little house with a big backyard and was heading to hang out with old friends out towards Prosper. As I stopped at a stop sign, I watched one truck fly through.

Then another. Through the stop sign at the four way. I finally thought it was safe to cross and started going. I never heard or saw the other vehicle. I remember waking up in the hospital. My left leg felt tensed up. Not a good thing. I knew it had to be the nerve spasms. The nurse that just walked in was hanging saline. "Can I get something for my nerve spasms?" I asked her. She looked at me oddly. "My leg is full of f**king spasms! I take medications to keep it from getting worse." I told her. "Let me go check." She said before leaving the room. My phone buzzed. I looked at it seeing it was Ranger.

'Hey what are you doing for Christmas?' Ranger

'Laying in a hospital bed.'

'What happened?' Ranger.

'Car wreck.'

'Want company?' Ranger.

'I really do not care. My leg is killing me though.'

'Did they get you anything?' Ranger.

'No.'

'Im near Grapevine. Give me a few minutes. Which Hospital?' Ranger.

I told him and he sent me a thumbs up. About half an hour later there was a knock at the door. The nurse came in without anything. "You have a visitor." She said. "Let them in." I said. Ranger entered. I could not move. When I showed signs of struggling, Ranger moved closer. "Need some help?" He asked. "Would love it." I told him. "How do I need to help you move?" He asked. "Leave my left leg straight and just pull me up." I said. He did just that.

"Anything else?" He asked. "My phone. On it is my home address. My house is closer to prosper though. When you get there the..." "Hang on." He said. I stopped when he cut me off. "Tell me your address." He said. I told him the address to my house. "My brindle horse should be in the backyard, paddock area." I said.

"Ok. What else were you going to say?" He asked. "There is a key above the front door. If it is not there, check under the poinsettia pot next to the door in the plant saucer. My mom loves hiding it there." I said. "What all do you need?" He asked. "My room is the farthest down the hall to the left." I said. He nodded.

"The medication I need is in the top drawer of my desk. I am also going to need some sweatpants out of the top left drawer of my dresser and some long sleeves out of the drawer below it." I said. "Need undergarments?" He asked. "Top drawer on the right side. You will only find one kind of undergarments." I told him. "Bag for it all?" He asked. "My closet." I answered.

"Be back. Want anything for dinner?" He asked. "Something that tastes better than hospital food." I told him. He kissed my temple moving my phone closer to me. I laid the bed back to straighten my body out. While he was out I made a person doctor call. "Dr. Freeman's office." A lady said answering. "Yes. I would like to speak to Dr. Freeman." I said.

"You just caught him. He was just about to leave." She said. A few seconds later Dr. Freeman came on the phone. "Dr. Freeman speaking." "Hi Tandy, this is Remington. I'm calling because I was admitted t a hospital in the Frisco area and my hip is giving me major fits after getting into a car wreck." I said. "Sorry to hear that. Have they given you anything?" He asked. "No and every time a nurse came in, I have asked." I said.

I heard clicking before his voice came back. "I do need to do a check up. If you can tell me which hospital, I can get authorization to be your doctor while there since it is a joint problem." He said. I willingly told him and he agreed before we both hung up. Tandy was able to get to the hospital before Ranger got back with my stuff.

About ten minutes later than Tandy. He set my bag down near the chair and sat down in it. "Have they given you anything since you called?" Tandy asked. "Nope. Can not move my hip now." I said. Tandy started at my foot and worked his way up to my knee. "Everything is tensed up. Do you have your prescription with you?" Tandy said. "I had Ranger go get it for me." I said. "May I see the bottle." Tandy said. Ranger got it out handing it to him. Tandy looked at the label.

"I will get this in the charting and get them to get ya some from the hospital stock and have your pharmacy refill this one since it's almost out." Tandy said. "Thank you." I told him. "No problem. Tell your folks I said hello." He said before leaving. That's when the questions started. "Who or how do you personally know Tandy Freeman?" Ranger asked.