Chapter: 7

Halloween was real fun. We were in Lubbock and it was the last night of the rodeo. The Lubbock team was holding a Halloween party afterwards at an unidentified house. Bailie and the rest of the girls dressed me since I didn't get the idea. I am not a big I want sex now person. You probably figured it out when I didn't want to screw two guys at once. I will say, they dressed me like a for real buckle bunny. Except I had on shorts that showed my butt, and a shirt that let cleavage show.

I put on minimal makeup before looking for my contact case. I could not find it. I grabbed my glasses and looked again. Nowhere to be found. Bailie came in.I lost my contact case." I told her. She looked confused. "I wear contacts to be able to see." I said as I turned to her. Thats when I remember the heterochromic eyes I was born with.

"Yes, my eyes are two different colors. I hate it." I told her. "Hey. That could be apart of your costume tonight." She said. I looked hesitant. I felt it too. She led me out. I still had my glasses on. A few of the guys had to get a closer look at my eyes saying they were beautiful. We then set out for the party. I did not want to drink. Most of the time, I stood around with another freshman from my team. A guy approached us. He had a red cup in hand. "Would you like to dance sweetheart?" He asked. "No thank you." I replied.

"Only one. Im not wasted, but Im not sober either." He said. I shook my head. "Still no." I told him. He didnt get upset. He only walked away. "You know you can go have fun." He said. "I'm not much of a party person." I said. He chuckled. "Just wait. We will pull you out of your shell." He said. "You're an upper classman arent you?" I asked. "Yes ma'am. Junior. We all get a chance to be a designated driver." He said. "I don't mind being one." I said. "Not until you become a sophomore." He said.

When it was ten minutes till, the same guy came up asking one more time. This time he didnt have a cup with him. "Would you like to dance with me?" He asked. The guy next to me shoved me towards him. "One time." He said. I moved away from the wall. "One time." I said to the guy standing in front of me. He gave a light smile. Whatever song came on next was the one to dance to. It was a slow song. When I got close enough to him, I could smell his cologne. I felt at home with the smell. It was indescribable. I wanted to be lost in it longer than five minutes or even what time was left. My watch started vibrating. He looked at me oddly. I checked the time. It was time for us to leave. "Sorry. Got to get home to get to classes Monday." I said.

He let me go so I could meet up with my group. We drove home in our Halloween costumes. I slowly fell asleep in the two hour drive back. It was only us since the horses were taken back early. This time I walked up to mine and Bailie's room. I got a shower and crashed onto my bed. "How was the party?" Bailie asked. "I danced with a guy. His cologne smelled amazing!" I told her. She started laughing. "I bet." She said. Monday was the same thing all over again. Every week was the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were at the last rodeo of the spring season. I was also super close to getting my LVN. I was almost done with my clinical days too. Monday through Wednesday every week since the beginning of May. At every single rodeo since Lubbock Ive seen that guy. He has started making it apparent to run into me at every rodeo. We have been running round and round each other. We would avoid each other one night then run into each other another night and sometimes get into arguments. It was nuts.