Chapter: 11

As soon as the rodeo was over I had changed into a dress and black boots. I kept my necklace on and let my hair down. During the summer I had swapped my contacts to show my true eye colors. Some of the guys were surprised they were different colors. They are also comfortable to sleep in.

We jumped in a truck and went to the party. I went in with Bailie in front of me. I was watching for one in particular. I saw him across the living room playing beer pong. I snuck up on him and stole his hat. He was wearing black jeans that showed his curves down south, no shirt and a black felt hat that I stole right off his head.

I looked back at him and made sure to swing my hips. He teased me two weeks ago at the last rodeo and this is payback. I found the beer and was drinking lone star. He followed cornering me. "It's not nice to steal." He said. "It completes my look." I told him. "I've got an extra." He said.

"Then you can wear it." I told him. "You ready to play?" He asked. "Let's do it." I told him. He got me another beer leading the way to where they were about to start a game of ring of fire. He made me sit next to him. "Awe did Ranger lose his hat?" A guy across the table said. "Someone is going to be jealous if she doesn't get a piece of you tonight." Another said.

"Don't f**king care. I might have something else in mind for to tonight." He said. Bailie came over and joined the game sitting on my other side. "Youngest first." A guy said. "Ladies first." Another said. "Hey I'm August." Bailie said. That meant I had to go first. I sighed.

"Pick a card baby girl." Ranger said. I picked up a card randomly. I showed it. A king. I poured a little of my drink into the cup. Bailie went next. She drew a six. All of the guys took a drink. It went in a circle till it got to Ranger. He drew a Jack. "Whoever draws the same card has to sit on the one that drew the card previously." He said.

Big deal. I picked up a random card looking at it first. Jack. Alright a**hole. We'll play that way. Ranger let me on his lap putting my legs across his. A guy walked by with his hat covering his groin in nothing else. "Well somebody dressed up like Tweeder." I said. Bailie laughed. Ranger shook his head.

"My buddies are wanting you to take that dress off so they can see more of ya." Ranger whisper to me. "No way am I." I told him. He chuckled holding me in place as he reached for a card. He looked at it then showed everyone else. Four. I grabbed my beer and downed a good portion of it.

When there were one card a piece, I picked up one looked at it then showed. It was a two. "Ranger you better finish that beer." I told him. Ranger drank more of his. He was on his third since starting and I was on my fifth. Most of my drinks went into the kings cup since I drew three of the four.

We went around the circle and when it got back to Ranger he immediately flipped the last card. The last king and drank the entire mixture. I won this time. Ranger moves my legs off his lap. I went to stand and had to sit back down. "Easy cowgirl. I doubt you can walk straight yet." Ranger said to me.

He stood up and offered a hand. I stood up not trying to lean on him and failing. He wrapped an arm around me. Tech decided to have their party on a Friday night to be safe for some. Winston spotted me with Ranger. "Hands off." He told him. "I doubt she's fit to leave the house." Ranger told him. "Your point?" Winston asked.

"She can stay in my room for the night and I will stay elsewhere." Ranger told him. They were too level headed and calm to be agreeing. "Do not go against your word." Winston said. "I never do." Ranger said. I looked up at him. He looked down at me. "Let's get you in bed." He said. He led me up some stairs and to a room. He unlocked the door and opened it. He ushered me inside and closed it back. I sat down on the bed. My head was swimming already.

"Here take this." He said handing me two white pills. "Tylenol for your headache. That should help with how much you truly drank." He said. "How much?" I asked. "More than five beers." He said. Oh. I didn't realize that's how much I drank. "How many shots?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Let's get some sleep." He said pulling my boots off. He took the hat off setting it on the dresser and setting my boots below it. He pulled the covers back and let me get under them. I stretched out and grabbed a pillow. His scent was all over it. I sighed and fell into a deeper sleep.