Chapter-2

"How can I help you?"

"It seems that the Mistress has asked for your attendance."

"Okay first off if you're gonna keep busting into my room then I'm gonna need your name."

"..."

'We stared at each other for which felt like an eternity and I was getting tired of this staring competition so I finally broke the silence with a sigh.'

*sigh*

"Alright let Madam Celina know I'll be there in a little bit."

The maid bowed and left the room without a single word.

'Seriously what is wrong with the people in this mansion? There behaviour makes staying here feel like a military base camp. They are all so... devoid of the worldly leisure of expression and speech.'

Navia decided to drop the topic and started arranging all the maps, books and papers that flooded her desk in a pile to make it look a "little" organised and swiftly made her way towards Celina's office.
Navia had by now understood that only during the mornings did the places of meetings change apart from that it would be Celina's office in case of evenings such as today or the parlor in case of late afternoons generally to have tea.

'As I hurriedly made my way towards the office I suddenly felt this unsettling feeling at the pit of my stomach and all of a sudden I wanted to turn around and run away, the thought crossed my mind countless times as I walked as slowly as humanly possible but decided against it. The unsettling feeling grew as I procrastinated in front of the office door, but, I felt my life showcase in front of my eyes when Madam Celina opened the door and I pulled it shut on her face, as a result of reflex and high adrenaline rush. The only thing that crossed my mind was have I told my mother just how much I had loved her?
Madam Celina opened the door and had seemed to have sensed my discomfort.'

"Are you fine Navia?"

"Yes I am perfectly fine, why do you ask Madam Celina?"

'I spoke in an extremely shrill voice. Madam Celina seemed to be suspicious but did not point it out and continued talking.'

"Well tomorrow, you see, Mekiel will be having several meetings with a few diplomats thus I've decided to have our meeting outside of the mansion, do you have any suggestions?"

"Hmm...how about the garden?"

'As soon as I mentioned the garden the whole corridor was filled with a heavy silence, Madam Celina seemed to have had a bitter expression while I kept gathering my confidence to muster up some words out of my mouth which I regretted having had been born with.'

"We could meet at the garden and head towards the town from there."

'Madam Celina who seemed to wear a stone cold expression a second ago replaced it with a warm smile, filled with excitement.'

"If that's how it is then I'm fine with it and while we are at it you can show me around the town, only if it's okay with you."

"No it sounds perfect."

The two ladies chit-chatted for a while and parted ways.

'The way she seemed excited it felt like she was hoping that I'd say that. According to Madam Celina she hardly leaves the mansion due to work and also other reasons which she didn't have to say anything about. As funny as that was, another mystery was added to the story of the duo, why is that the garden a restricted area? I wonder.'

*The next day*

Navia passed through several corridors and rooms as she made haste towards the garden where a very agitated Madam Celina awaited her.