Chapter-10

Navia's eyes broadened as she read the letter, after a few minutes her hands dropped down as if they had lost all power. Navia stood in silence for a few seconds, then looked at the sealing expressionlessly and suddenly started laughing.

*Deep breathes*

"So this is Katherine, huh?"

'Why? Why am I even bothering with this person even though these letters... What should I do should I read them. The one I read was the oldest, then that means these letters were all given to him at the same time. She just...'

~At a certain person's address~

"Um, hello, I am Navia Harley I came here, since I heard of Michael's son living in this area."

"Ah, yes I'm indeed his son. My name is Jeffory, how may I help you Miss Navia?"

"It's nice to meet you Sir Jeffory, one of my relatives were an acquaintance of his and I thought I should come visit, if that is alright with you."

"Yes-yes please come in Miss Navia. I hope you didn't have trouble coming here."

"No-no there was no trouble at all. I was just here for a short while. I'm staying with my relatives near the bazaar.So it wasn't very far."

"I'm glad to hear that. Please sit here I'll go bring some refreshments."

"Please don't bother Sir Jeffory, I won't stay long."

"My, are you in rush to be somewhere if you don't mind me asking."

"No, I don't mind. It is true though I am indeed in a hurry, I had a lot to do today I hope you understand."

"Yes I understand please feel at ease."

"Yes, though I must say you have quite a beautiful house."

"I am very flattered but all the credit goes to my wife."

"Are you married? Sir Jeffory I would love to meet her."

"She would be glad to meet you as well but unfortunately she's not at home right now."

"That's alright I can meet her some other day. That being said, I was here to ask something."

"Please go ahead."

"Are you aware of someone named Katherine?"

The kind and gentle expression on Jeffory face turned into that of a grim one and the air in the room became extremely heavy.

"Katherine Waldie?"

'Waldie? Was Katherine's last name, Waldie? Madam Celina never told me her last name.'

"I am sorry Miss Navia but could you leave this very instance."

"But..."

"Please leave."

Jeffory said in an angry tone with a firm expression on his face. Navia took the hint and left the house instantaneously.

'Ah, I had expected this to happen, but, I gained a valuable piece of information, thankfully it was worth coming here.'

Navia thought to herself standing in front of Jeffrey's door, quietly staring at it.
The next day Navia met with Jeffory again but Jeffory kept ignoring her telling her to go away. This game of tag continued for a week until Jeffory got tired and decided to confront Navia once and for all.

"I must say Miss Navia you are a very persistent lady but I am getting tired of this, so let me tell you I have nothing to do with her."

"And why is that? I had heard she was a very kind person."

"Then let me tell you this Miss Navia, Katherine Waldie was..."

"I see."

Navia smiled with a very satisfied and relieved look on her face. This made Jeffory very uncomfortable so he decided to leave as quickly as possible.

"It seems that I can't stay and talk with you much longer Miss Navia."

"... That's alright Sir Jeffory, you said what I wanted to hear and let me tell you I have nothing to do with either your father or with you I'm here to get all the facts straight so please relax I won't bother. At least not until I need your assistance again."

Navia said with a sinister grin on her face which gave Jeffory goosebumps. He saw as Navia left him alone and at that point he knew that he had got himself involved in some very dangerous situation.

~Navia's Room~

Navia had never been so serious about this book as she was now while reading those letters sitting on her desk in her room. Tomorrow's Sunday, that is, a day where the duo would tell their story further, now that she knew some truth, she was sure that the duo were hiding facts from her but she being a profession at her work kept the act of a person who knew nothing.

'The investigation regarding Katherine is going smoothly thanks to Sir Paul's cooperation. I was able to gather a lot of information about her, so me coming to Pallova wasn't so bad after all. I could discover more if we could stay a little longer but there are time constraints given we leave in 2 days from now. So I have to make do with the evidences that I found, there's a picture with captions "MY DEAR KATHERINE", Katherine's Diary, The Letters, Michael and his son Jeffory. I should keep these evidences safe, for now this should be enough but I have a feeling there are a lot of more things to find before I can start connecting all the dots together. But one thing I can say about Katherine right now is that she was the one who killed Michael.'