Chapter-14

~Present~

'I'm finally back to my room. As much as I had felt uncomfortable in this room at first, it feels so good to come back to it and say I'm back home. I took a bath and changed my clothes and took my time to prepare myself in front of the ovular mirror which I couldn't take with me on the trip to Pallova. I finally sat on my desk slowly and stared at it for a minute, oh! just how much had I missed every single part of this room. Anyways coming back to the topic, I opened the diary and started jotting down the facts I learnt on the train. So far the duo had hid two events from me, first was an incident with the manager of the hotel in Vendellin. Apparently the manager had told them that he was highly paid to capture Katherine Waldie, that means someone must have been keeping an eye on the trio. Second the incident on the train when the man got shot. The man in black wasn't searching for a man named Walter but a girl named Waldie instead. That means the trio, no, rather Katherine was constantly being chased. The second incident, I had pretty much figured that Sir Mekiel lied because I learnt Katherine's last name just the day before but the first incident, I would have never known if they didn't tell me.'

~Past~

"Are you sure that's about how much you two lied to me Madam Celina?"

"Ye-lied to you? We did not lie, we simply hid a few facts from you that's all."

"I see. Well anyways were you able to catch the man in black in the end and why was he after Katherine?"

"Yes and no, Navia. As for why the reason was the same as the last one."

"They were paid as well?"

"Yes."

"Okay and why such a vague answer to were you able to catch them?"

"I guess we should tell you what happened after we reached Pallova."

~Flashback~

The trio reached Pallova along with Mrs.& Mr. Shaw in tow.

The trio and the couple went their separate ways after exchanging a few words of gratitude.

As the trio crossed by an alley, there a suspicious figure caught Katherine's eye.

"What's wrong Kathy?"

"I thought I... nothing really let's keep walking."

After walking a little bit, this time Celina stopped and looked around.

"Now what's wrong with you Geatz_"

"Shush! I think we are being followed."

"What? What are you talking about? It must be your imaginat_"

"No, Mickey I agree with Miss Celina, even I felt that way a few minutes ago but I ignored it thinking I must be imagining it."

"Alright if that's true then ladies, I want you both to keep walking straight ahead without looking back. Let's try to catch them."