without even thinking, maddy took the blanket that was wrapped around her off of herself and around hermione.

"t-thank you. so, i heard you two are twins. what's that about?"

"we're twins," maddy simply answered, and whispers could be heard all around them.

"do you have anxiety too?" phoebe whispered, and received a head nod.

hermione thought back to what ron had told her when she was asking a bunch of questions about the girl next to her. her hand shot to her pocket and she pulled out a pen, handing it to maddy.

"w-what's this for?" the old slytherin slightly stuttered, raising an eyebrow.

"ron told me you could get really bad anxiety. i did some light research over the break, and it turns out that drawing could help calm you down," hermione smiled, sliding her hand over to maddy's thigh as she turned her attention to the task.

she smiled even more when she felt the girl pick up her hand and focus on drawing.

maddy ignored the cheering and didn't pay attention to anything until phoebe nudged her, nodding over to harry, who was about to face the dragon.

without thinking, she intertwined her fingers with hermione's.

after struggling for a bit, harry got his broom and flew out of the arena. the dragon was able to break free, and chased the chosen one.

he did come back though, snatching up the golden egg as he passed it.

cheers erupted throughout the crowd, especially where gryffindors were located. the group began to leave the stands, heading to their common room to celebrate.

"what'd you draw?" hermione smiled, lifting up their still connected hands.

"a dragon," the girl muttered, a smile growing on her face too.

"why are you so obsessed with dragons?" ginny caught up to them.

"because they're cool."

"nerd," ron snorted.

"i think your love for dragons is adorable," hermione whispered in her ear, eyes widening as she realized how much more confident she was getting.

thankfully for the now cherry taylor, draco came into view.

"i'll s-see you g-guys later," maddy stuttered out, running towards the blonde.

"what's the rush," he joked, before realizing how red she was and who she was walking with. "oh."

"oh what?"

"granger did something didn't she?" draco smirked.

"i have no clue what you're talking about."

"why are you carrying around a pen?"

as if on cue, some kids passed by them and started whispering.

the malfoy boy threatened the younger kids, who ran away once he finished.

"she let you draw on her hand, didn't she?" he softly smiled, remembering all the times he had given his best friend something to fidget with because of her anxiety.

"yeah," maddy spoke with a very similar smile on her face.

"you're falling for her, aren't you?"

"i think," she sighed, slightly scared at what the outcome could be.

"listen, i would say something since she's- never mind. she makes you happy, she helps you with your education, she helps you with your anxiety, she's-"

"perfect."

"i was going to say something else but if that's what you think than alright. i get that you're scared of falling, especially since she's the first person you've actually fancied, but it's worth the risk. it's an adventure, and things will most likely turn out okay. so talk to her. let her know how you feel, because it might be too late before you know it."

"i can't. not yet. i need more time."

"i know. take all the time you need, but not all the time," draco said, confusing both of them. "let me rephrase that. don't take forever like i know you're thinking of. you see the way krum looks at her."

"when did you get so anazing?"maddy sighed as the boy pulled her into a hug.

"when i met you."

word count- 1115
date written- october 7, 2020

two things!
i love marco or whatever their name would be 🥺(draco and maddy)
also
i haven't mentioned maddy's anxiety at all and probably won't mention it a lot anymore because i don't want to get anything wrong or make someone upset. i feel like i have anxiety, or at least social anxiety, but i wasn't diagnosed and im not one of those who self-diagnose. i really hope y'all understand what im trying to say haha