//04// Unknown Goodbye

Começar do início

"Thank you," he says, walking over to her.

I slip back behind the wall, searching for something to do. I catch John yelling at Connor and I frown. That isn't something I really feel like watching. So, I go to the drop ship. Jasper and Octavia are standing on the bottom floor. He looks infinitely better than he did yesterday.

"Hey, Mar," he says, smiling. 

"Hey, Jasper," I respond. "What's going on?"

"We're gonna go for a walk," Octavia says, nodding.

"Well, have fun," I say, smiling and going to the ladder. I climb up it to find Monty in here. He's slaving over a couple wristbands. "What's this?" I ask, walking over and sitting across from him.

"I'm looking for a way to communicate with the Ark," he says, nodding.

"Can I help?" I ask, smiling a bit.

"Not unless you're handy with electronics," he says.

"Well, that was the only class I failed so I guess I'm the wrong person," I say, shrugging.

"Do you mind just staying here with me?" he asks, meeting my eyes.

"Sure," I say back.

Clarke climbs up the ladder, walking to us quickly. She offers her wrist to Monty without a word and he nods, staring to tinker with it. I know I said I would stay but Clarke won't look me in the eyes and I have a feeling whatever I say will be taken the wrong way.

"I'll be going then," I say, walking to the ladder and descending it.

I walk out of the drop ship and find everyone working. I really don't feel like manual labour right now. So, I stalk to my tent and go inside it. I zip it down and sit on the mattress, laying back. 

Was I wrong to tell Wells all that yesterday? It was all the truth but I wonder if I knew he would die, would I have held back? I really hope I would because someone definitely doesn't deserve their last conversation to have the words "I hate you" in it. Maybe John is right. About everything. Maybe it's better to approach life with extreme caution and self loathing. That's when I hear the shouts.

I stand, grabbing my sword and walking out of the tent. A crowd has gathered and they're all shuffling unevenly into the woods. I follow them at a jog as they stop at a tree. I try pushing through but it takes a couple seconds. Once I'm in the middle, I see Clarke in front of me, Bellamy in front of her, and John strung up to a tree with a noose around his neck. Bellamy kicks the crate beneath his feet and he falls.

"What the fuck!?" I shout, ramming into Bellamy's chest.

He looks down at me with calm eyes. "He deserves this, Cam."

"What!? No!! Cut him down!!" I shout, reaching for my sword.

"He killed Wells," Bellamy says, grabbing my arms.

"He was with me all last night!" I yell, finally getting past him and swinging my blade at the rope.

He falls to the ground and I drop my weapon, kneeling next to him. The first thing I do is pull the noose from his neck and examine the bruises. The next is untie his hands and take the gag from his mouth. I sit him up against the tree and make sure he's alright.

"I'm fine, sweetheart," he says, frowning weakly.

"Like hell you are," I respond, poking one of his bruises so that he winces.

"Cam."

I turn to find Clarke staring at me. I roll my eyes as I turn back to John. "What?"