[𝟏𝟓] 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"What about your guy? What was his name?"

I give her a weird look. "What guy? I'm single as can be and plus I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship."

"Oh shut it, you know who I'm talking about."

I shake my head, shrugging. "I really don't. But if you find any cute guys, pass me their number, yeah?"

"I have a boyfriend, Grace, I'm not asking for anyone's number."

"If it doesn't work out with you and-"

"No, Grace. You can't have him. And if it doesn't work out, I'll make it."

"I don't know, Aslan, I don't think it'll work out."

She frowns, the doors parting as we make our way outside. "Why do you say that?"

"I mean, have you seen yourself when you wake u- OW!" I narrow my eyes at her. "That freaking hurt."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hit you that hard." She grimaces, pulling me into a quick side hug.

"Can you call, Ray?" I ask her. She nods, pulling out her phone and dialing Ray's number.

"Rachel," Ray says when she answers. I'll never understand why she states her name when someone calls her. I guess, we all have that one thing about us. Or maybe she's just Ray.

"Hey, it's me," I speak up, grabbing Aslan's phone as she left back inside to use the bathroom. "You don't sound like you're in the car, where are you?"

"Making coffee. Why would I be in the car, weirdo?"

"Uhm, because you're supposed to be getting me and Aslan from the airport maybe?"

She gasps and yelps. "Thanks a lot, I just spilled my coffee all over myself."

"You're welcome." I chuckle, gesturing for Aslan to come back over as I see her come out of the bathroom. She jogs back over, nearly falling over several times. "So are you coming or not?"

"No, dad said he'd tell someone else to do it because he knew I'd wake up late. He probably just sent Tahlia, look out for her car. Gotta go, bye, don't get run over."

Then she hung up, leaving both me and Aslan with quizzical expressions. What just happened?

"What just happened?" She says, voicing my thoughts. I shrug.

"I honestly never know when it comes to her."

Aslan phone chimes a few times before she checks it. She tries to suppress a smile as she tucks her phone back in her pocket.

"Your dad said he ordered us an uber." She tells me, shouldering her backpack as she takes my hand in hers. I groan, throwing my head back. "Calm down, it's not that bad."

"Those things smell like freaking weed."

"So?"

"So ew, they always smell so bad. Remember when we went to that party with Chanel and we took an uber home? I literally threw up because the smell was so strong."

She rolls her eyes. "You threw up because you were wasted, Grace."

"Tell that to the-"

Her phone chimes and she tucks it back into her pocket after checking it, pulling me towards a white car pulled up not far from us. She takes my bags and shoves them in the trunk like the guy tells us too.

I already don't like him. He's wearing a black baseball cap low and has sunglasses on. He looks extremely creepy but at least his car doesn't smell back. It just smells like cologne. It's not a strong smell but it's definitely there.