21. Play It Again - Chase Elliott

I pulled up the driveway, I could already hearing the country music blasting. My truck rolled to a stop and I got out. "Hey Chase!" I heard Ryan yell and I walked toward him. "Hey man, what's up?" I asked grabbing a beer from the cooler. "Not shit, man. Just hanging out." I nodded my head taking a look around, how many other drivers were here, or just people I knew. Then it happened, my eyes fell on her. She was sitting up on the tailgate, long dark hair, A black tank top, some daisy duke cut offs, and cowboy boots. Who was she? "Ryan, who's that?" I asked turning to face him, but he wasn't there. I looked around, again and decided to go talk to her. I sat down beside her on the tailgate. "Hey, I'm Chase Elliott" I say extending my hand to her. "I know who you are. I'm Elizabeth." She says shaking my hand. "So what brings you here?" I ask looking into her deep blue eyes. She turns to me and smiles. "My brother." She shrugged, taking a drink from her beer. We talked about alot over the next hour. I felt like I've know her forever. I was falling for her. All at once she jumped up from her spot on the tailgate and took me by the hand ulling me up from my seat. She place my hands on her hips and wrapped her arms around my neck.

[Oh my god, this is my song, I've been listenin' to the radio all night long, sittin' 'round waitn' for it to come on, and here it is, come here boy, I wanna dance, 'fore I said a word she was takin' my hand, sippin' me around 'till it faded out, and she gave me a kiss, and she said Play it again, play it again, play it again, and I said, play it again, play it again, play it again.]

Before I knew it she was out of my grasp and back on the tailgate. I sat beside her looking up at the stars. "Would you wanna go to dinner tomorrow night?" I asked, looking over to her. She thought for a minute before looking at me. "Sure, I don't see a problem with it." She smiled and looked at her watch. "It's almost one in the morning. I should head home." She took my phone and added her number. "I'll text you tomorrow." I said hugging her goodbye.

I sat by Ryan and Bubba, watching her truck pull away. "Someone has a crush." Bubba said elbowing me. "Yeah what's your point?" I questioned, looking at him. "Play it again, play it again, play it again." I said walking away from them.