18 - Kiss from a Rose

Start from the beginning

"Target located," Charlie heard Jimin say in her earpiece. She carefully looked around so as not to raise suspicion from the man standing next to her. She could hear his words, but her focus was on the other man she had located walking in her direction from a hallway across the room. Their eyes met briefly and Charlie gave him a quick wink hoping to catch his attention. He didn't even spare her a second glance as he walked over to a couch in the corner of the club, a couple other guys joining him not long after.

"So, would you want to go have some fun?" Charlie heard the man next to her say. She faced him again and smiled.

"Sure, let me freshen up and I'll meet you at the hotel around the corner?" she suggested, lightly grazing his arm. He smirked before nodding, eagerly walking out of the club. Finally. Charlie watched as he left before her eyes moved to Axel.

"Going in," she said quietly, but still loud enough for the earpiece to pick it up. She took another sip of her drink and then set the glass down on the bar before standing up, confidently striding over towards the couch in the back corner. As she approached, the men surrounding Axel looked up at her, their eyes following the curves of her body as she swayed her hips with every step. Axel was the last to look up and Charlie was surprised to find that he didn't seem that interested in her.

"Evening gentlemen," Charlie greeted, but her eyes remained glued to Axel. She wanted him to know that she was only interested in him.

"Well hello gorgeous," Axel said as he leaned back on the couch. Charlie watched as his eyes moved from hers and to her arm, taking in the viney tattoo before he smiled. "That's some unique ink you got there," he commented.

"Thank you." Charlie brushed her fingers along her own skin delicately while maintaining eye contact with him.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Axel asked with a smirk.

"Maybe. I'm new to town and was hoping I could make some friends." Charlie sat down next to him as she brushed her hair back, exposing her bare shoulder. Axel chuckled and leaned towards her.

"Then perhaps we should get to know each other," he replied. Axel stood up and offered a hand to Charlie, which she took, offering him a playful smile. He led her away from the craziness of the club and down the hallway she had previously watched him appear from. Charlie caught Jimin's eye just before she disappeared.

"Target acquired," Jimin said through his earpiece as he stood up and walked over to the bar. He had a better view of the hallway as well as the entirety of the club from here.

Axel led Charlie to the end of the hallway and opened a door for her, gesturing for her to enter. Once inside, he closed the door and sat down on one of the leather couches in the room. Charlie looked around and was a bit confused as to why he had brought her into what appeared to be an office. When she turned back to him, she noticed that he was on his phone, smiling. When he saw that he had her attention again, he put his phone in his pocket and grinned at her, patting the spot next to him on the couch. Charlie sat down and leaned forward a little, exposing her chest a bit.

"So, is this your office?" Charlie asked in a seductive tone.

"It is," he replied as his hand reached up to brush her hair away from her shoulder.

"You own this club?" Charlie needed information, and that fact that he had brought her to his office suggested that he loved to show off.

"I do." His fingers traveled to her shoulder and down her arm.

"You're a man of few words," Charlie said and he hummed in response.

"Have you ever been to the club across town?" he asked and Charlie leaned back a little, confused. "I think it's called Cliff Hangers." Charlie tried to hide her surprise as she shook her head. "Well, a buddy of mine recently visited there and was telling me about this new girl that's always hanging around the place."