18 - Kiss from a Rose

Start from the beginning

"Well stop worrying about me." Charlie turned around and grabbed the black pants. "It's the girls that Ganghan are buying and selling that you should be worried about. I am free, they're not," she replied. Raven nodded her head and couldn't argue with Charlie's words.

"How do I look?" Charlie stood in front of Raven, awaiting her comment. Raven slowly stood up and walked towards her.

"Deadly," she said with a smirk and pulled her into a hug. "Make sure to take care of yourself. Be careful, okay?" she insisted while Charlie nodded in response, squeezing Raven just a bit before pulling away.

The two ladies walked down the stairs to join the rest of the group, who were already seated on the couches as they waited for their last member to arrive so they could review the details of tonight's mission.

"Alright, let's go over it one more time," Yoongi started as all eyes were on him. "Blade and Breaker will be in Ganghan territory, so we all need to be on high alert. Circuit, Spider and myself will be here, monitoring everything. Hotshot, Ember, and Chemist will be just a couple blocks away if back-up is needed." Yoongi looked directly at Charlie and continued. "We need as much information from Axel as you can get: how he came to be the owner, his colleagues, anything about Jamie or any other girls he might have." Charlie nodded in understanding before Yoongi turned to Jimin. "Keep an eye out for anyone else who may be of interest in the club." Jimin nodded as well and Yoongi then stood up. "Show time."

~☾~

Charlie was walking towards the club, trying to calm her breathing. Jimin had left the van about 10 minutes prior so as to keep up the illusion that they were not together. She quickly adjusted her top as she approached the bouncer, who eagerly let her in.

Memories of the first time she came here with Jungkook started to flood back. She looked over at the bar and couldn't help but picture herself leaning against it as Jin intercepted her target for that night. She shivered at the thought of what would have happened if Jin hadn't been there. So much had changed since then.

As she walked to the bar, Charlie glanced around, quickly getting a layout of the place. Her eye caught Jimin, talking with a woman as they sat on the couch. Her hand was placed on his knee as she smiled at him, trying too hard to keep his attention on her. His eyes met Charlie's and he nodded towards her while she gave him a small smile. She took a deep breath before heading over towards the bar, hoping to shake off the nerves. When Charlie reached the bar, she ordered a cosmopolitan, her drink of choice when on her usual assignments.

Charlie turned to face the rest of the club, resting her back on the bar as she surveyed the area. Axel's meeting was supposed to be happening right now, but no one knew exactly where it would happen. Behind closed doors? Tucked away in one of the booths? As she was trying to find the profile that matched the pictures she was shown of Axel, another man approached her and Charlie tried her best to sit up straight and play her part.

"Evening beautiful," he said as he leaned against the bar as well, chest almost touching her arm.

Charlie gave him her classic charming smile and turned towards him slightly.

"Hello handsome," she replied, a flirty tone to her voice. She took a sip of her drink as she looked him up and down.

"Never seen you here before," he said, leaning in close so she could hear him over the blaring music. Charlie rested her hand on his to keep him close by, but also to keep him at a certain distance.

"I'm new and just looking for some fun in this boring ass town," Charlie replied before she pulled away, giving him a quick wink. Charlie liked to tease the other men that would often approach her while she waited for her targets.