"Crappykawa was disturbing me," the female manager scrunched her nose, 

As if on cue, the gym doors opened, revealing the new batch of members.

"Kindaichi, Kunimi," Taiji waved to her former underclassmen, "It's great to see you guys again,"

"Senpai!" the spikey-haired boy called out, the other boy merely waved, not bothering to say a word.

Taijj looked around hopefully for another kouhai of hers, she knew that the chances of seeing him were small, but she still hoped.

"Kageyama didn't join us," Kindaichi read Taiji's expression clearly, "Maybe it was for the best." 

The manager sighed, "It was,"

"I for one, am glad Tobio-chan didn't join us," Oikawa pouted, "We don't need him here,"

This comment earned the male captain a smack from Iwaizumi, "You have no say in this matter, zip it,"

The manager sighed quietly, she hoped that Kageyama really had done what he promised.

~~~

"Taiji-senpai," the little boy looked up to the older girl, "Are you going to the same school as Oikawa and Iwaizumi senpai?"

"I am, Tobio-san," 

"I wanna go there with senpai too!" 

Taiji could feel her chest wrench, she knew with her whole being that if Kageyama was to truly flourish his talents, he had to be elsewhere.

But she was also doing it for Oikawa.

"Maybe you could do to Shiratorizawa?" Taiji suggested, "Or maybe even that old powerhouse school, Karasuno,"

"Do you not want me to come with you to Aoba Johsai?"

The green-eyed girl could hear the hurt in Kageyama's voice, and she knew there was no other way.

Taiji stood in front of her kouhai and took his hand. Bending down to meet his eye level, she sighed.

"Tobio, you have to go far," she took a deep breath, "Someday, you'll understand why I'm saying this, but promise me that you'll look into other schools." 

"Promise."

~~~

"Yoo-hoo, Tai-chan," Oikawa waved his hand in front of the female manager, "It's your turn to introduce yourself,"

Taiji snapped her head upwards, "Ah sorry, I'm Taeko Taiji from Class 3-4, I'm the head manager for Aoba Johsai's volleyball team."

A hand raised from the crowd of first years, "Were you a volleyball player before you became a manager?"

All of the third-years eyes widened, that was a subject Taiji didn't want to talk about.

"That's none of your business," Matsukawa interrupted,

Hanamaki crossed his hands, "Why don't you ask some actual questions about our club,"

It became clear to all the new members, Taiji's past was something to be left alone.

Taking a deep breath, the manager smiled.
She took care of her team, and her team took care of her. 

~~~

Time had passed since the new members were introduced, and everyone had settled in nicely.

"Senpai!" Called out one of the younger managers, "Sensei called for you."

Taiji thanked her and went on to see him.

Reaching the office, Taiji knocked on the door, "Sensei? You wanted to see me?" 

"Ah, Taeko-san, please come in."

Opening the door, came face to face with Oikawa and the teacher.

"We got a call from another school," The teacher explained, "They wanted a practice match, so I wanted to consult the both of you before confirming. 

"And which school would that be?"

"Karasuno," Oikawa spat out bitterly.

'Oh,' Taiji whispered to herself, 'That's Tobio's school, isn't it?'

"We'll accept, but only if they have Kageyama Tobio as their setter." Oikawa was the first to break the silence.

Taiji's eyes widened, was Oikawa serious?

"If Taeko-san agrees, then I'll confirm with their sensei." 

Taihi grabbed Oikawa's arm, "I'd like to speak to Oikawa about this privately," 

Pulling him outside, the female manager sighed, "Are you sure about this?" 

"Absolutely," He chuckled, "Don't worry about me, Tai-chan."

'How could I not' Taiji thought to herself.

"If you're really sure about this," Taiji loosened her grip on the captain's arm before poking her head back into the teacher's office, "We'd like for Kageyama to be the setter."

Walking off, Taiji sighed, "I hope you're right, Tooru."