Time to get down to buisness

Ricks pov

---

I made my final rounds for the gates and thankfully there wasn't any break in their links. Glen and Daryl started a fire. The ground was bone dry, because this summer has been this way, dry and warm. Carol and Daryl were joking with Andrea and Dale was even joining in. This was surprising seeing as Andrea still hadn't forgiven Dale. I finally joined them and sat next to Lori. She's so pregnant now that we needed this place. I place my hand on her navel and rub her belly, the baby kicks my palm and I melt a little. This place is going to be where she delivers. A prison. I grimace but remember it SAFE. A safe haven for us and our child. As I watch everyone relax and laugh for the first time since we had to leave I begin to smile. I can make this permanent. We will be able to do more than just survive.

We eat our food and continue onto our beds and while we put out the fire, I remember I still have unfinished business's. I pat Carl's head and I kiss Lori's head. She looks at me confused and I give her an index finger, insisting I have a minute to take care of my problem.

I head to the guard tower and as I enter I realize it's quiet. Too quiet. It's dark with no light on. I smell something rank and realize what it is. I step in vomit on the concrete stairs and realize that the long body on the floor near the railing belongs to Naiomi. She puked multiple time and her long black hair was all over the place. At this angle I could see her stomach was at a bump. Pregnancy? Well, that would make sense, but usually people say things about stuff like that. Well regardless, as I felt her tanned forehead it was burning up and sweaty. I ran out of the building, not even caring about the panic I emitted, and grabbed Pam from her car and led her almost at a sprint to her patient. She didn't cry as she checked her vitals and asked me to move her to the blankets.

'Will she be okay?" i said with my mouth going dry." Is she... Pregnant?"

She put her hair up and started getting clothes off of her and I looked away.

She nodded "She wanted to stay quiet about it but she's dehydrated and needs a bit of R and R. Bring back water, clothes and warm soup."

 I sat in shock for a minute, I've let this pregnant teenager run about dangerously. What is going on here? That would explain why Daryl watched over her like a hawk... WAS IT HIS? I began to charge off into the dark to look for her car, and his truck. he has some explaining to do. The grass was soft beneath my feet and I opened their car door and grabbed a duffel bag and some cans of soup and mixed vegetables. I proceeded to go back into the tower and was smacked by the smell again. I gave them to her and she was in her own world. A thin sheet was over her chest with a little bit of a heavier blanket from her waist down. Her bump was precious. I smiled an then realized I still had business to attend to before I went to bed. Daryl Dixon has explaining to do.