My next destination?

I put the baby clothes and things Pam and I gathered from the store run into our car.The wind felt nice today but I couldn't focus on it. I could feel Daryl stare at me. I turned around abruptly, angrily, and finicky.

"The hell's your problem?" I ask while moving past him.

"You shouldn't have gone. You haven't killed a walker. What would you've done if Pam and Glen and Maggie couldn't have helped you?!" Daryl said trying to contain himself.

I stopped in my tracks. "I guess I would've learned fast. Besides, I needed things. Anyways, what's it to you! We're not lovers, we're barely friends!" I said, flustered.

"That's bullshit. Even if you don't think we're friends- we're family. I never figured you the one to be so childish. And anyways the way I see it, I know more about you than most people here, right?"

I finally faced him, "If you're so worried about me teach me how to defend myself, and yes. The one I wanted to avoid, knows me the most besides Pam of course. " I demanded.

Daryl thought for a minute " I'm not stupid, Naiomi. Your doctor has already ruled this out for you. Otherwise you would already know."

"Well, I guess if we took it easy it could be acceptable. What if we talk to Pam?" I asked, my frustration becoming my own excitation.

"Look, I'm still pissed. If I do that for you, you can't go anywhere out of the camp without me or Rick. I'm not going to lose anyone else. Not you or the baby... Is it named yet?"

"Fine. And no, I haven't really had the opportunity. If we're going to talk more in depth can we sit down?" I said exasperated. I can't take this back ache much longer. It seems like even though I barely have a tummy my back has the weight of a twenty pound child on it.

"Let's get to Pam and talk it over then, Killer." He sighed.

We marched over to Pam who was sorting through the medical supplies and making a list. She had the medicine laid all over the kitchen counter with counts on the pills written on the bottle.

I walked close to her left side, unsure of how to approach her."Hey Pam!"

"Yes, Dear?" She said mockingly.

"Pam, if we go slow and easy could he teach me self defense?" I asked meekly, afraid of the chiding I knew I would receive.

"Naiomi, I told you!" Pam said exhausted and frustrated.

This lady was starting to feel like my mother. A better mother than my mother, honestly.

"Mam, I will be as gentle as I can, with hand to hand being the only thing I will teach her, besides maybe some traps." Daryl came forward being responsible and somewhat desperate. It was strange seeing the one I despised and had the most distrust for being the most caring and considerate. Maybe this man wasn't all I had predicted. Maybe he could be different.

"Okay, I will attend the next session but right now I have to focus to ensure safe deliveries." She gave in, and refocused.

"Thank you so much Pam" I said and then briefly and excitedly hugged her. When I drew back I realized I hadn't felt a hug since I graduated last spring. My two best friends from school hugged me on graduation night and before they could get back to town from college the world went to shit.

"Killer we're going to work immediately, and with a knife first." He began to talk on and Dale came walking towards us."

"Ah! Daryl, Rick would like you to be involved in the planning for crops." He said with his smile plastered across his face.

"I'm busy." Daryl sternly and monotonically stated.

"You know this important." Dale said with a look that made even me feel bad for taking up time from someone the group needed.

"Damn it all. Fine." He turned to me, "I'll be back afterwards, Killer."

Before he left too far I had to ask "You feeling any better?"  I shouted.

"Like a million bucks!" He shouted back as he waved without looking behind him.

Maybe this is my next destination. One that I never thought possible, and is likely not. It's impossible for Daryl Dixon to really love me as much as I may possibly love him.