Chapter 32

Sitting in a rolling car, driving safely on the highway, Jiyong turned to face his wife. She was staring out of the window, a distant look on her face. She was physically with him, but her mind was elsewhere.

"Are you going to attend the meeting?"

"I'm not sure." Dara clasped her fingers together, tearing her eyes away from the dull window. She could see the city from here and all of its flashing lights. It was a spectacular sight. Seoul was known for its beauty and because of it, many tourists were inclined to visit the shining city.

"Your shares in the company is quite high." Jiyong leaned closer to her and drew her small chin in his direction so that he could have her undivided attention.

Dara felt her heart skip a beat at the understanding expression on his face. Even with a barely recognizable smile, he was still astonishingly handsome. His eyes were the darkest shade of black she had ever seen. Yet, when he looked at her, her reflection was all that she could see.

His thumb softly rubbed her chin, before giving it a light squeeze. "If you want to become the President of Park Corporation, I will support you."

Dara knew what he was implying. If she wanted it, she'd get it. Nothing will stop him from giving her what she wanted. The real question was, did she want it? With his shares and her grandfather's favoritism towards her, she could easily take the throne. Like everything else, there would be disagreements and family relations would be further strained— not that she cared.

"Well?"

"I'm not sure." Dara let out a small puff of air. Her heart was heavy and leaned towards one side whereas her brain leaned to the polar opposite.

"Whatever you desire to do, I will help you." He edged closer to her and pressed a lingering kiss upon her forehead. She didn't know she was creasing her brows until he kissed the spot again and soothed the lines with his finger. "If you want to become the President, I will give you my shares. If you don't want the position, I will not hold it against you."

"There are a lot more people who have worked harder than me just to dream about the position." Dara finally spoke out. "Yet, I do not feel sympathy for the majority of them. All of them have schemed against their kin and blood to acquire status and support."

"As long as I am here, none of the schemes against you will be successful." Unbeknownst to Dara, there had been numerous attempts of assassination. Whether it was snipers cocked and loaded on the rooftop or people attempting to hijack her cars, all of it was unsuccessful. Jiyong's men were always able to spot danger from miles away.

Snipers were shot dead, hijackers were dragged to the Underworld, and anything else was deemed invalid. He had carefully kept her from scheming family members that attempted to poach and reach out to her. She didn't know it, but he had all of those unlawful members blocked from communicating with her. As long as their intentions were bad, even if it was the slightest bit, they would never reach her.

"I know." Dara fondly responded, lifting her head, the corners of her lips curving into a full smile. It reached her eyes as she placed a hand upon her stomach, feeling warmth spread through her fingers.

Jiyong's eyes briefly followed her action before looping his hands around her body, folding it in a knot behind her back. "Something will happen to Yoona. If you don't want any involvement with her, do not check the news the entirety of tomorrow."

Dara wondered why the quote, "It takes two to cheat," popped into her mind. Without knowing it, the words in her head had left her mouth, surprising Jiyong.