Chapter 18

Just as Hero Ang pondered the idea of Chen Xing, a quiet ding ran throughout the room. Chen Xing was close to finishing the clean-up when she received the message that Jeonghoon Ang had arrived at the company.

Disgruntled upon being interrupted by his own father, Hero Ang sighed and stood up from the chair. "Direct him to a private meeting room."

Chen Xing was confused when she saw the slightly ignited desire in his eyes but tried to not think much of it. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light...

She typed into her tablet and lead her Boss to the private meeting room. Along the way there, she could feel a heavy stare on her bottom and she felt a blush creep up her neck. She was wearing a tight pencil-skirt today, the dress enhancing her silhouette.

Jeonghoon Ang was already waiting for his son inside of the meeting room, his expression a mixture of rage and exhaustion.

Without another glance towards Chen Xing, Hero Ang strolled into the room as she closed it behind him.

She stood outside, unable to hear a single thing being discussed by the enraged Jeonghoon Ang and equally upset Hero Ang. She could tell through the window on the door they were originally bickering, most likely about Yoona being completely useless to the family. The conversation had then changed to more serious matters — the drop in stocks and revenue. Seeing as their faces were not as dark and glum as before, she knew they were probably discussing solutions and ways of mending this rift.

The only thing that Chen Xing could do was stand outside and pray that whatever plan they came up with would succeed.

- - - - -

The next day, Dara Park decided to resolve her conflict with Kiki Xu. Early in the morning, she ordered the private kitchen to be cleaned and set up for her to use. As the kitchen was being prepared for her, Dara Park went to the greenhouse located not far from the garden to handpick some of the fresh, organically grown vegetables.

She spent a majority of her morning cooking all of Kiki Xu's favorite foods. She packed it in well-insulated containers and delicately placed them into a lunch bag. Afterward, she cleaned herself up and changed into a new set of clothes.

Holding the lunch bag close to her, Dara Park looked left and right down the hallways. There was no servant in sight. Perfect.

She sneakily went downstairs using the hidden passage. She walked with stealth and expertly kept herself hidden from the servants.

She was glad this path was only known by the Old Butler, her grandfather, and Xuxu li, so none of the servants could disturb her here. Once she got to the garage, her eyes lit up in glee when she saw the multiple lines of cars. Her grandfather was an avid collector of vintage cars and the garage was filled with them.

However, she knew he would have her head if she touched any of his precious babies without permission, and so, she chose to settle with a different car in the far back. She thought it's strange he would own the latest model of a Bugatti, but figured it was probably a gift to him.

She walked to a specific panel on the wall that was expertly hidden. The slab blended into the wall, and if it wasn't for the fact that she used to sneak out of the house a lot when she was in high school, she wouldn't have known where it was.

She knocked on it exactly four times. A click sound could be heard before the panel slide to the side, revealing a medium-sized safe. After typing the twenty-letter password, scanning her fingerprints and eyes, then answering a few questions, the safe finally opened to reveal multiple car keys. She peered in and grabbed the key with an intricate B.