Chapter 3

"Grandfather, I'm sorry for my lateness. Did I make you wait too long?" Dara Park gently asked while sitting down.

Elder Park hummed in reply. "No, I just got here," He blatantly lied, revealing a smile.

Xuxu li, his private secretary, twitched his lips at his Big Boss's lie.

Elder Park had been waiting here the minute he had called her. He seemed to really cherish the time spent with his granddaughter. He had so many yet he only seemed to favor this one right here.

"Are you sure? Xuxu li's lips just twitched right now." Dara Park teased; happy she came thirty minutes earlier than planned. She knew he was the type to constantly wait for her, so she rushed her routine and the cab.

Elder Park chuckled, taking a sip of his tea. "It seems I should've made him wait outside." He mused.

"That's not nice, grandfather. He has been your right-hand man for the past decade." Dara Park teased right back, giggling to herself when she took a sip of the hot tea.

Xuxu li let out an exasperated sigh. The two always teased him as if he wasn't present in the same room as them. Luckily, he was used to their bullying. Whatever made them happy, he would gladly oblige.

"Besides, why are you still standing, Xuxu li? Come and sit down." Dara Park beckoned towards the empty seats surrounding their table.

"No thank you. I have to leave soon." He said, politely declining the offer. Exactly a few seconds after, his phone went off. Excusing himself, he stepped outside.

"Xiao Fei, how are you these few days? I still haven't visited your condo after coming back last week." Elder Park was a busy man.

He was the King of the Hotel Empire and Head Monarch of the Park Corporation. He did not inherit his position like most company legacies. Elder Park was the youngest in his family, but after working hard, he was able to achieve the outstanding position as CEO of the Park Corporation.

"It's the same routine; there's nothing out of the ordinary." Dara Park said whilst picking up the menu and briefly skimming through it.

"My sources told me Bom Park had set you up on another blind date yesterday," Elder Park listlessly said, but his hawk-like eyes were monitoring Dara Park's expression.

Dara Park stiffened at the news and sighed. "Grandpa, please don't tell me you've hired another private team of bodyguards who are watching me from the distance." She placed down the menu and childishly crossed her arms.

Elder Park chuckled. "You're a Park and my favorite granddaughter — those titles are enough for you to have a hit on your head. You need to be well-protected. Besides, an extra layer of security never harmed anyone."

"It'll harm my privacy." She resorted.

"Yes, but it will keep you safe. Especially with that Ang brat and his minx running around the city." Elder Park's voice was nonchalant as he casually threw out the comment. But deep down, he was burning with fury and a desire for revenge.

He used to be close friends with the Elder Ang, but after the horrible humiliation that Dara Park had to endure, Elder Park severed all ties with the elder. He would never allow her to be trampled over, regardless of the things she might've done!

The Park Corporation had taken a harsh blow in their stocks, but Kwon Enterprise came as their aid.

"It's fine. I'm not scared of him, grandpa..." Dara Park's voice turned soft and gentle, but it quivered and shook with uncertainty.