Chapter 8

"Cato!" Clove squealed as he wrapped his arms around her petite waist, taking the girl by surprise. The two laughed and Cato planted a kiss on the top of her head. "Hey there, baby girl," he greeted, lips turning up into a smile. "How are you doing?" She let out another laugh, leaning back against his chest. "Better, now that you're here," she sighed, a smile present on her face as well. 

Clove whirled around and wrapped her arms around his neck, going up onto her tip toes. Cato was about to lean in and kiss her lips, but she turned her head at the last second, therefore causing the kiss to land on her cheek. "Such a little tease!" he exclaimed as she laughed yet again. 

Clove rolled her eyes but still was smiling. "Well..." she drawled, eyes twinkling. "I suppose you can give me a kiss." 

"You suppose?" Cato raised his eyebrows. Clove mirrored his expression. "Offer expires in three.. two..." 

Cato cut her off by crashing his lips into hers. "One," Clove whispered against his lips when they parted, then brought them down to hers again. 

"Clove," Cato looked her dead in the eye. "I have something to tell you." The smirk on the girl's face faltered. "Are you breaking up with me?" came her question, biting her bottom lip. The action drove Cato crazy. "No," he chuckled and she looked up at him. "Then what is it?" 

Taking a deep breath, Cato spoke: "Clove, I-" 

Cato woke up with a start. He sat up in his bed, eyes wide as dinner plates, cold sweat breaking out on his forehead. "What the hell?" he murmured to himself, glancing over at the time. It was three o'clock in the morning, but there was no use in trying to fall back asleep. After that crazy dream, Cato was wide awake. 

He didn't understand what it meant. Firstly, he woke up, so he would never know what his dream self was going to say. That wasn't the main issue to Cato, though. The thing that puzzled him the most was that he hadn't even know Clove for a week, but yet he was already dreaming of them being in a relationship, a romantic one at that. 

Back in Miami, he never dreamed about girls. In fact, he rarely even remembered any of his dreams. There were a few that recurred almost once a month, about how his father-

Cato mentally kicked himself. He shouldn't have been thinking about that now. It was over, it was done. There was nothing he could do about it. 

With a groan, the blonde boy stood up from his bed, stretching his arms above his head. 

Clove. He planned on seeing more of her.

***

"No no no no NO!" Clove exclaimed, hands shaking violently. "Cato!" she called out his name and ran down from her seat on the bleachers. Her heart beat wildly in her chest and she ignored the shouts coming from her friends. She saw her dad from down the field sitting with her mother, but she couldn't care less. 

"Cato!" she called again, this time more frantic as her feet hit the green grass, and dashed past the players on the sideline. She ignored the odd looks that were cast in her direction, and she waved her arms in front of her. Marvel backed away from the boy on the ground, letting Clove through. 

"Cato," she sighed, letting the tears run down her cheeks. "Cato, baby, it's me. It's Clove." She clutched Cato's hand in hers, and he smiled weakly up at her. "Hey, Clover," he laughed. "The other team scored a touchdown, didn't they?" Clove nodded, bringing his hand up to her lips and kissing it. 

"Are you hurt?" Cato sighed, and the worried expression on her face just got worse. "My back," he groaned as a fesh wave of pain hit him. "Don't move," she told him. "They're getting someone to check up on you, just hang on. I don't know how long it's going to take." 

She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he rolled his eyes. "Your boyfriend is laying on the ground hurt and all you do is give him a kiss on the cheek?" Clove smiled and laughed, as she was happy to hear him acting like himself. She brought her lips down to his, not caring about anyone else around them. 

Not even her father that stared at the two, his gaze unable to move anywhere else. 

"It doesn't hurt as much," Cato whispered against her lips. "At least not when you're kissing me. All the pain goes away." Clove laughed. "That has to be the lamest thing you've ever said," she smiled. 

"I love you," Cato blurted out. 

Clove gasped as she sat up in her bed. Her breathing was heavy and she put her hand up to her head. 

Cato Hadley was trouble, ans she couldn't have herself dreaming about him. 

"Stupid," Clove muttered. "Stupid, stupid girl." 

***

Sorry again for not updating sooner! It was just a really long week at school and I was exhausted yesterday. 

AND OH MY GOSH THE FOSTERS COMES BACK ON MONDAY AND I'M OFF OF SCHOOL AND SO EXCITED!

Finally got Netflix today. I am now more up to date with what's considered "cool" these days. 

This chapter sucks and is really just a filler. But I figured I wanted to do something to show that even though they really don't know each other, both Cato and Clove are interested in one another. And then you know the rest. Those feelings will grow deeper and then the forbidden love affair begins. (;