Chapter 12: Schmidt Tower

Beth's POV

“Mommy?” Eli called. “We are safe?” She asked.

I could see still fresh tears. She cried and held Sylvia tight all this time. It took a lot to calm kids down. All kids were with me but Savannah???

Mark almost lost patience when Hunter didn't receive the call. Now, we are going to Schmidt tower and Savannah will be there with Mark. Finally, all kids will be in front of me.

“Yes, Princess we are safe,” Valerio assured her, but she wasn't convinced. “Are you OK, Ava?”

“I prefer Suri...... And You shouldn't lie to her.” Suri's voice was deadpan. She was not like the kid of her age, signifying that she faced through a lot in such a young age. “Truth is bitter and facing it, is worse. So, it's better to start accepting it.”

“Aren't you too old for your age, lady?” I tried to tease her but then no emotion on her face made me realize that I just made fun of me in front of her.

Soon, an awkward silence enveloped us. No one spoke. Abioye slept peacefully in arms, Eli and Sylvia were busy with each other but Suri looked alert. She is going to be different from all our girls.

I remember I was frightened when my parents died. I only had Vicky, in the name of family. She was just 12 at that time, yet she was mature. She never demanded anything. She managed everything, even me.

When her condition, leukaemia was diagnosed, I was shattered. I immediately went to my then best friend, Kate to ask for help, who kept all her anger aside and called the father of her children, Antonio. He refused to talk to her. Then I never asked her to call Antonio.

Our uncle took all the money and used it in gambling. Yet we managed. Kate was helpful. Not everything was fine but it was manageable. But then Andrew Schmidt came. He kidnapped Ava and I was framed. Mark played his part.  He is trying to amend for his brother's crime. And I will always despise the fact that Mark and Andrew are brothers.

Rossi family took my everything. My life. My dreams. Even my baby. Valerio raped me to get another Rossi. To fulfil the place of Ava. That was living hell. I knew they would never let me go until I deliver them a baby.

Death of Vicky was inevitable, as our uncle would never spend a single penny on her medicine. I don't know if she even had a proper funeral. She was just 14-year-old.

After my delivery, I thought I could stay with Eli. Since she was my only family left. I was hoping to stay with Eli but Antonio sold me. I was raped every day. I had miscarriages. And all this year Kate never looked for me. Once, she offered me but after that she was disappeared. I waited for her, keeping my hopes high. But then eventually I understood. I was 18 at that time.

Meeting Sylvia was the best thing. She took me to Mark. Yes, my husband is difficult to get along but it doesn't matter now, he's mine. And I'll take my slow time to settle us. If he thinks, saying sorry will amend our situation, then no......

I lost my fingers. I am almost handicap. I can't even tie my daughter's hair into a pony. Even I need some else to tie my hairs. However, I am differently-abled. No one will able to believe that I don't need my other for my daily task. I can manage many things. I am still trying.

Valerio has bipolar disorder, I do feel bad for him. He claims to love me and I can see he's trying but nothing will justify his actions. He raped me. In front of everyone. I screamed, begged. But he didn't stop. I don't have Stockholm Syndrome, that I'll fall in love with my captor.

“We are here,” Valerio announced.

He helped me and girls to get out of the car. Abioye hugged me all these time. My son is going to give everyone, a hard time.

Victor was waiting for us and guided us to the top floor of Schmidt Tower. To the penthouse. It is a royal building, where Mark was already settled and helping Savannah to sit on the couch.

“Dada......” Abioye beamed. “Ma....” he pointed at Mark, who was smiling at us. This little boy is getting comfortable around us.

Mark walked to us and gave me his signature kiss. He nibbled my lips before kissing.

“If you touch her again then it won't be good,” Valerio warned Mark.

Mark ignored him and led us to sit next to Savannah. Abioye looked frightened but didn't cry. He hugged me and passed his curios look to her.

“He looks like Mark.” Eli jumped and sat next to Savannah. Wrapping her hands around Eli's shoulder, she kissed her head. That was the most soothing scene to me. She has accepted my daughter.

“Yes, he looks so much like dad.” She said adoring her brother. “He is my brother.”

“No......” Eli exclaimed. “He is my brother.” She pouted.

“He can have more than one sister.” Valerio cooed his daughter and Mark growled. “Will you love him?”

“Of course, he is our brother,” Eli said and hugged Savannah.

“Well, there's another baby,” Mark said. “In your mommy's tummy.” He had Sylvia was biting his biceps. “Owww, lady..... You will be punished.”

I am sure, she's too young to analyse about punishment but somehow, understood it is bad, and she cried out for her mama.

“Don't ever threaten to my baby,” I warned Mark. “You must be teasing her. She never bites without reason.”

Mark rolled his eyes and walked to us. He settled Sylvia in between me and Savannah and glazed at Valerio.

“Yes, you were teasing her,” Suri said to Mark while giving me a glass of juice. “You have a baby in your tummy.”

“Aren't you acting too mature?” Savannah eyed her. “Who is she?”

“Nice to meet you. I am Suri..... Rossi.” She introduced herself and let out her hand for a handshake. “I don't bite.”

Savannah cautionary shook the hand and scanned her head to toe. They both are going to give each other a good time, I guess.

“Dinner is served.” Marcus entered and an old lady followed him. “Kids have special dinner..... I want to discuss important things with my family- so I don't think Rossi is required here. Savvy can stay. She's 17..... ”

“If it concerns Beth then it is my concern.” Valerio sat and watched Suri and Eli running for dinner except Abioye, who was yawning.

“What happened Pop?” Savannah asked.

“Do you remember Vincent?” Mark asked Savannah.

Vincent?????