- Twenty Nine -

I tried my best to act casual as I sauntered to the staircase railing. I got on my tippy toes as I tried to look over the railing. No one had come in so that must have meant that it wasn't dad.. thank god.. but someone was at the door waiting for it to be opened. Peeking through the little peephole in the door, I noticed no one was standing there but I opened the door to look anyway.

I closed the door. Someone must have dinged and ditched. Typical teenager prank I guess. As I was walking back I noticed an envelope under my foot. I picked up as it was addressed to "Mr. Johnson." 

It looked pretty confidential but I was so tempted to tear it open. I headed over and placed it on the kitchen table and headed back upstairs. 

"Caylen..it wasn't Dad so we're okay", I was saying even before I had entered my room. I stepped in to no response.  

"JUSTIN ?!? where are you! ", I said looking around.

I had only walked in a few steps as I was scared shitless. 

"BOO!", he yelled at the top of his lungs. 

"Oh my fucking god Caylen !! Why'd you do that", I screamed as he gave me a hug from the back. 

"because I love you", he said giving me the cutest innocent smile. 

"shut up!", I said laughing as I knew it was hard for me to get mad at him. 

I turned around and gave him a hug running my fingers through his curly hair. We were interrupted by a phone call.. 

"I'm sorry babe I gotta take this", he said as he let go and took out his phone.

He went out into the hallway and came back in a few minutes later. 

"I gotta go", he said as his face had instantly dropped. 

"Okayyy.. ", I said as I began walking out the room and down the stairs. 

We got to the door and I knew down inside I didn't want him to leave. He tried lingering around as long as he possibly could by looking around and trying to venture into rooms of the house. But eventually he knew he had to leave as he was putting his shoes on. 

"I'm still waiting", he said.

"For what?", I asked.

"You forgot already?"

I was standing there like an idiot. 

"I'll be right there", he said putting my words in quotes. 

"Ohhh I'm sorry sweety", I said laughing as I walked up to him. I kissed him on the nose. He smiled as he got a bit red in the cheeks. As he turned around to open the door he responded with, "that's all  I asked for", he smiled as he stepped out.