- Six -

My interest in photography grew but I didn't tell anyone about it. I figured I could keep it personal, something close to me. It was one thing I felt like I was good at. No one judged me and I didn't feel like I sucked at it. It was my own thing, whatever I did was up to me and no one was there to prove me wrong. It felt good for once, to do something I really wanted to do. Sure the Ae-1 was an old camera, with.. probably not the best lens... but it was something and it was better than nothing. The effect was kinda cool, like the old school photographs and the polaroid was great for instant pictures. Everytime I took a picture from the polaroid, I'd add it to the box with dad's old photographs. By now I probably had hundreds of polaroid pictures but it was amusing looking through them every night.

One night I decided to grab the ladder and step out onto the patio. I leaned the ladder against the ledge of the gutter pipe. Making sure it was stable, I climbed up to the roof. I let my legs dangle over the edge as I just laid back and looked up at the stars. It was an amazing sight. There were millions of little beaming balls of light and it seemed as if they lit up the entire sky. The breeze was light and my flannel kept me warm. It helped me clear my thoughts and I just relaxed. It was the best feeling. The creative juices were flowing as I began taking pictures. The night life was beautiful. The moon was gleaming and giving off his light. The photograph came out and I wrote down a caption. 

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."

One of my most favorite quotes and the one that was kinda special to me. I tucked the picture in my pocket and headed back down the ladder.