Drunken Latino Meltdown

Start from the beginning

"Fine."

"We should just eat at home, Ink."

"No."

**

There was silence as Error avoided Fresh's eyes and Fresh continued to stare blankly.

"Nice to see that you're alive." Fresh muttered after a a few more moments, then turned to the screen in front of him, "What can I get you two?"

"What do you want, Error?" Ink asked cheerfully, looking up at Error.

"I don't care, anything."

As Ink ordered for both of them, Fresh seemed to keep his eyes on Error, only looking away to tap something on the screen when Ink spoke. Once he'd finished, Fresh asked them to wait as he served the next customer. After that one, he turned around and grabbed the arm of a colleague walking past him, apologizing as he asked, "Can you just cover me for two seconds? Thanks." He didn't wait for a response, his co-worker looking annoyed but still doing as he'd asked her.

Fresh burst out of the 'staff only' door, grabbed Error by the wrist, then pulled him back into where'd he'd come from. Ink blinked, only just processing that his boyfriend had been kidnapped into the staff only area at KFC.

"What happened, bro? I haven't seen you since you were in hospital! Where have you been? Geno said you told him you went on some sort of rescue mission!" Fresh interrogated, pulling them out of the way of his slightly confused colleagues. 

"I don't wanna do this right now, Fresh, I'm exhausted..."

"You could have answered my texts!"

"You texted?" 

"Yes!"

Error blinked. "Bro, I genuinely didn't see that..."

"Just..." Fresh sighed, adjusting his shades on his face, "Don't do it again. It stresses mom and Geno out." He pulled Error into a loose hug, which took Error by surprise slightly. The pair didn't often hug.

After about two seconds, both pulled away and said in unison, looking each other in the eye, "You smell like weed." They both looked at each other in surprise. 

"Do I?" Fresh asked, "I can't, it must just be you."

"You sure? I'm sure I can smell it on you too."

"Nah, it's you."

"No, it's definitely you, Fresh."

"Bro, I don't even-"

"If you ever want any cheaper," Error lowered his voice, "I can get it for you." 

A slight smile worked its way onto Fresh's face. "Thanks." 

Error nodded, returning the smile and walking back out the door.

"What are you smiling about? I thought he was mad at you?" Ink asked, wrapping an arm around Error as he came and stood beside him again.

Instinctively, Error went to reply, 'nothing', but knew how much he'd done it to Ink today already.  And then he remembered that Ink, too, was a pothead. "I just told Fresh I could get his weed cheaper for him."

"Oh, right." Ink giggled. The artist then put his head on Error's chest, hugging him. Error smiled and hugged back, kissing the top of his skull. Even though the pair were waiting away from the queue, a middle-aged human couple had been looking at them, and Error had just noticed. The woman was scowling, and the man looked somewhat angry too. Ink hadn't seen them, still happily nestled into his boyfriend. Error returned the glare, mouthing 'What?' They looked away.