18| Fighting For

FIGHTER

18. Fighting For

 Fighting For

᛭᛭᛭

EMILIA

I DON'T remember my vision going black. But when my vision cleared, I was laying on a bed in the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts. Curtains had been placed around the bed; blocking me from the others in the wing. I felt something move by my left hand which made me look down to see George resting his head on the bed beside my hand, asleep. He was in an uncomfortable position as the chair he was seated in was too small for his lanky body and he would definitely have a sore back from leaning onto the bed.

At first, I was confused as to why I was in the Hospital Wing and why George was by my bedside. But then my memory came flooding back. My Dad was dead.

My body began shaking from the force of my sobs as tears streamed down my cheeks, but I bite my bottom lip to keep my sobs silent as to not wake George. However, my sobs weren't silent as I felt hands cup my cheeks. Through my blurry vision, I could see George leaning over me with a small smile. "Hey, Sleeping Beauty," he greeted me as his thumbs wiping away my tears.

I tried to smile through my tears, but I wasn't able to keep the smile on my face for long as loud sobs escaped from my lips. George didn't speak as he sat down on the bed beside me and wrapped his arms around me, holding me to his chest. "I'm here. I'm here," he whispered to me as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"What am I gonna do now?" I asked George once my sobs had lessened.

I had no more energy to cry. I didn't want to keep crying. Dad wouldn't have wanted that.

"I don't know...but you've got me," he answered; his grip on me tightening.

We sat together for a few moments in complete silence. The silence was finally broken by George saying; "We should get your stuff packed."

His words made me remember that Hogwarts had ended for the year. I nodded in agreement and with his help, I stood on my feet. I looked down at myself and noticed I was not wearing the same outfit I wore to the Ministry. I now wore a pair of black sweatpants and a red razorback tank top and I could see a pair of my sneaker lying beside the bed. I looked up at George with a raised eyebrow before pointing at my clothes. "Who changed me?" I asked him as I slipped on my sneakers.

"Madam Pomfrey did," he answered me with a cheeky smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him before slapping his shoulder. "Ow," he cried out as he rubbed his now 'wounded' shoulder.

"Don't be a baby," I teased him before I slowly made my way out of the Hospital Wing, not before passing Madam Pomfrey who gave me a sad smile and a nod.

George finally caught up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. We walked in silence to Gryffindor Tower. No one was walking through the halls as everyone was in the Great Hall for the End of Year Feast. Which was something I definitely wanted to avoid right now.

When we entered my dormitory, I noticed something laying on my bed. With frowning brows, I walked over to my bed and noticed it was a letter addressed to me. I immediately recognised the writing as Dad's. I sat down on my bed and with shaking hands, I slowly opened the letter.

Emilia,

If you are reading this that means I'm gone. I know that your mother and I are gone. But we will always be with you. I'm so proud of you. I missed out on watching grow you into a beautiful and strong young woman. And now I will miss out on watching you graduate, get married and have children of your own. But remember that your mother and I love you. Always and forever.

Dad

I moved the letter out of the way of the tears streaming down my face as I didn't want my tears to ruin the letter. My hand covered my mouth as I let out loud sobs. George rushed over to sat beside me and pulled me into his chest. Dad had magicked a letter to me for when he passed.

I felt George take the letter from my hands and didn't know if he read. But I didn't care if he did.

I didn't know how long I was crying for until my sobs finally lessened. My elbows rested on my knees as my hands began running through my hair. "It was almost like he knew," I spoke softly; my eyes closing as I held my head in my hands.

I felt George place a kiss on my temple as his hand rubbed circles on my shoulder. A sigh left my lips before I looked up at him with a weak smile. "I should get packing," I informed him before standing up from my bed.

George flopped himself down on my bed with his arms folded behind his head. "Comfy?" I remarked to him with a raised brow.

"As a matter of fact, I am," he answered with a large grin on his face.

I shook my head at him before grabbing my trunk from underneath my bed and throwing it onto the end of my bed; not caring that my trunk landed on George's feet. "You enjoy hurting me, don't you?" he asked after pulling his feet out from underneath my trunk.

I shrugged my shoulders as I throw open my trunk and began filling it full of my stuff. Once my trunk was full, George closed it for me and wrapped his arms around me; resting his chin on my head.

"Thanks for being here," I thanked him as I leaned back against his chest.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," he explained with his grip around me tightening.

As we stood still and in silence, it made me remember why I fought. I fought to protect those I love...and I'll fight until my last breath. 

᛭᛭᛭