12| A Train Ride To Remember

FIGHTER

12. A Train Ride To Remember

 A Train Ride To Remember

᛭᛭᛭

EMILIA

MUCH like the train ride to Hogwarts earlier in the school year, I was alone. Hermione and Ron had their prefect duties while Harry was spending time with Cho which left me alone, but I didn't mind. It gave me time with my thoughts.

No matter how I tried, my mind kept returning to the incident with George. He hadn't spoken to me since then and my hopes of him actually having feelings for me diminished. I felt stupid for feeling like this, but I couldn't help it.

I was twirling a small knife around my hand when the compartment door slid open making me quickly hid my knife in my bag that was placed beside me. My head whipped around to the door and my eyes widened in shock to see George stepping into the compartment before closing the door behind him. He sat down across from me and we remain in silence before I spoke; "Where are you here?"

My question caused him to sigh loudly and to run a hand through his hair. "I want to apologise for...well you know," he told me which caused me to scoff and roll my eyes.

"No, I don't know, Weasley. Why don't you tell me what you are apologising for?" I asked mockingly, crossing my arms over my chest.

George rolled his eyes at me before shaking his head and standing up. "I'm going to leave if you are going to act like this," as he went to open the door to leave, I quickly reached out to grab his arm.

"Don't," was all I said as I looked up at him with soft eyes.

He let out a loud sigh before walking away from the door to sit back down across from me. I ran a hand through my hair as I began to feel uncomfortable from George's intense stare. "You are upset with me," was all he said as he continued to stare at me.

I let out a loud sigh before bitting down on my bottom lip. "Yeah, I am, actually. I..." I cut myself off before letting out another loud sigh to regain my confidence.

"I like you, George. I have liked you since I was 13 so when you kissed me, I couldn't believe. At first, I thought that you also had feelings for me but then I remember you were emotional from your Dad's attack...so I guess that you kissing me because you were emotionally confused," I explained and when I finished, I began nibbling on my bottom lip.

I moved my eyes away from George to look down at the floor and I played with my hands to try and settle my nerves, but it wasn't working.

Confidence Emilia now is the time to show yourself

What happened next shocked me as I felt George grab my chin to lift my head to look at him before leaning forward to press his lips against mine. I gasped in shock which allowed him to slip in his tongue inside my mouth. I reacted by wrapping my arms around his neck and falling into the kiss.

We remained kissing like this for a few moments until George moved to wrap his arms around my waist to pull me into his lap. I pulled away from the kiss and moved off his lap to pull the blinds over the door to give us some privacy. A smile formed on my face before I sat down beside George and turned to face him with my back leaning against the wall beside the door and my legs laying in his lap. His hands began to trace the bare skin of my legs which sent shivers down my spine. "So..." was all I could say, and I could feel the air turn slightly awkward.

We remained in awkward silence until we look at each other and began to laugh. I leaned off the wall while laughing to wrap my arms around his shoulders so I could lean my head on his shoulder. I felt one of his arms wrap around my waist to pull me closer to him. "I like you too, Emilia. I guess seeing you with that blonde guy just made me realise it," George informed me which caused me to chuckle lightly.

"You mean you were jealous?" I asked jokingly as I looked up at him with a giant grin on my face.

I saw his eyes roll at me which made me laugh before lightly kissing his cheek and I watched as his cheeks turned red to match his hair. "This question is overdue but...Emilia Black, will you be my girlfriend?" George asked me as he rested his forehead against mine.

I smiled at him before pulling him into a kiss to answer his question. We continued kissing until he pulled away and asked; "So I'm guessing that's a yes?"

I let out a laugh as I nodded before pulling him into another kiss. This is definitely a train ride to remember. 

᛭᛭᛭