9| Kidnap! Sort of..

Danny's kids were on the swings at the playground and he and Steve were carefully hidden on the other side, the secluded side.

"I'm getting bored," Steve murmured.

"Why don't you go on the slide or something then," Danny replied, "you'd like that,"

"Come on Danny, why can't we do something fun?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"I dunno something without small children running around," Steve shrugged.

"Those 'small children' are my kids,"

"So? Let's go watch a movie," he persisted.

"You are absolutely relentless," Danny sighed.

"Please Danny?"

"You sound like Charlie," He rolled his eyes.

"Call a baby sitter... we can watch that movie,"

Danny was getting a little creeped out by Steve's tone so he gave in and called Jerry.

Jerry arrived in less than twenty minutes and Steve and Danny were off.

Danny watched out of the corner of his eye as Steve drove his car as he always did.

"What are you looking at?" Steve asked.

"How did you...?"

"I'm a former seal, it's kind of in my blood to know if someone's watching me," he replied.

"Okay whatever, what movie are we going to watch?"

"We're not watching a movie, who watches movies?" Steve snorted.

"You just said!" Danny exclaimed.

"I may have fibbed," Steve said sheepishly.

"No! No! This is kidnap!" Danny shrieked.

"Shh," Steve hissed, "there are better things than movies,"

Danny huffed and sat back in the seat, trying to anticipate where Steve was taking them. He didn't recognize any of the roads they were taking and soon he slouched back and fell asleep.

Steve, on the other hand was sweating profusely. His collar was starting to feel like a noose wrapped around his neck. It felt too hot in the cab of his truck. He glanced at his sleeping partner and smiled distractedly. Danny had fought and then fallen asleep. Much a like a puppy. Danny's head was against the door, making his face scrunch up.

Steve's anxiety ratcheted up higher.

What he was going to do today... it was a big risk.

But he felt it was the time.

"Seize the Moment!" A dumb billboards words stuck into his head and nestling deep inside.

Steve was seizing this moment and hopefully it wouldn't seize him back and toss him over the guardrails of this road.

Finally, he pulled over into a little pocket on the side of the road. Since Danny was asleep he took the time to make sure everything was set up just right, that the picnic basket hadn't been raided by Jerry when he was guarding it.

It was perfect.

Steve crept up to the truck and a big grin was on his face as he reached for the door handle.

"Gaaa! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Danny growled.

Steve rolled his eyes and threw Danny over his shoulder.

"See I told you this was kidnap," Danny said.

"Shut your eyes," Steve ignored that remark.

Danny decided to play along and comically squished his eyes closed.

Steve directed him right onto the sand and told him to stay still.

With one eye on Danny, he snatched something from the basket and hurried back.

"Open your eyes now Danno,"

Danny couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Crouching down on one knee, like a Disney prince was his dopey partner and boyfriend. He held open a little black box with a shiny ring in it that reflected the afternoon sunlight just right.

His mouth dropped open but no words followed.

"Say something Danno!" Steve practically begged.

"Are you-is this- is this this for real?!" Danny shrieked.

Steve nodded quickly.

"Well then... I think..." he purposely drawled out his sentence, making Steve almost pass out.

"Damnit Danny don't leave me hanging!"

"Yes,"

A brilliant smile illuminated Steve's face and Danny's reflected it perfectly.

Wow so many clichés and tropes in this one.

What can I say? Steve is a SIMMP