Steve's

"I can't believe you talked me into this retirement crap," Steve complained.

"Oh please, if it were up to you, you would only take a break when you got put in a box," Danny rolled his eyes.

They had moved in to a beach shack a few months ago after retiring from five-0. Kono was now the new commander. Lou moved back to Chicago to be with his daughter, which was sad for everyone. Chin was in San Francisco with Abby and Sarah. That just left Steve and Danny. And occasionally Kono, but heaven knew that she was busy busy busy.

It was so nice to just be able to kick back with Steve and not have a chance to be interrupted by a work call.

All they did now was kick back. Steve was getting fussy. He wasn't one to sit around. And unfortunately, that's all that was happening in their retirement.

"We need to do something," he said one day.

Danny raised a brow.
"Oh really? Like what?"

"Remember when you wanted to start a restaurant?" At this point Steve was grasping for straws.

"You said that idea was stupid!"

"Only because you wouldn't name it Steve's,"

Danny rolled his eyes. Steve was a five year old Neanderthal at heart.

"If I were to name it Steve's, would you actually be interested?"

"Yeah I would,"

"You narcissistic bastard," Danny laughed into Steve's shoulder.

Danny was laying over Steve in a beach chair and the sun was starting to drift down the horizon.
Never in a million years did he ever think that his life would result in this. And he couldn't be thankful enough.

Him and Rachel had one last go to see if they could work but -shocker- they didn't. He went to Steve's after they officially put a stop to it, not knowing where else to go. He was a teary mess and a hug turned from bro to woah (!) in a matter of minutes.

Danny secretly thanked Rachel for wrecking his heart that night, because if she didn't this wouldn't be possible.

*****************************

True to his word, Steve showed a great amount of interest in the restaurant. He waitered sometimes for fun but him and Danny usually ended up getting.. distracted in the office.

And Steve's was quite the hit. The two were well known around town and when people heard that they were opening up a restaurant, they just had to support them.

It was nighttime and Danny was closing shop. Steve watched, amused, as Danny struggled to reach the string to pull the blinds down.

"Are you just going to watch me struggle?" Danny snapped.

"The view of your ass is better from here,"

"I'm about to kick yours if you don't start helping me,"

"Alright alright, calm down," Steve snickered and went to help his helpless boyfriend.

Steve walked out first and Danny followed close behind, glaring at his boyfriends back.