New Lives

--Coast City--

A rooster sang it's song early in the morning causing someone to roll out of bed and hit the floor with a thud.

"Morning." Reece chuckled

"Morning." Floyd smiled. One month after they left Washington Floyd and Reece crossed paths at a cafe due to fate, destiny or something else entirely, "I'll make breakfast." He said getting to his feet.

"Thanks." Reece said kissing his cheek. Over the six months they've gotten closer then before, first it started as a few flirty jokes here and there now they dating and living on the farm that Reece inherited from her parents.

Floyd walked into the kitchen and fired up the stove and smiled at the fridge which had the same photo of Task Force-X that Barry had. The photo was taken after they took out the Triad and Bratva to celebrate and yet he remembers that day like it was yesterday.

"Do you ever miss our old life?" Reece asked 

"I miss our old friends." Floyd chuckled, "They were like the family i never had growing up." He said still looking at the photo

"A group of misfits and weirdos." Reece laughed

"You were also part of that group of misfits and weirdos." Floyd pointed out

"I'm glad i was." She smiled. Floyd cooked breakfast every morning which suprised Reece since Floyd was a good cook.

Floyd went outside and picked up and rifle and some small plates. He threw a plate up and shot it out of the sky and kept doing that, it was what cleared his head and he could vent a little bit.

"We're nearly out of plates." Reece joked

"Very funny." Floyd said sarcastically causing Reece to laugh

"It has only been six months but it feels like a lifetime." Reece said leaning her head on his shoulders

"I know." Floyd said rubbing her thigh

"C'mon those hay stacks aren't going to move themselves." Reece said patting his back

"Okay, okay." Floyd smiled putting his rifle down and lifting Reece up bridal style as she tried to squirm out of his grasp, he dropped her in a hay stack causing her to pout. She picked up a hand full of hay and threw it at Floyd but he doged and threw some back. They finally found peace and they're happy, but knowing their friends were safe would make them even happier.

--Gotham City--

Rooftop to rooftop as the rain poured around them and the heavy breathing of the man could be heard down the ally. He ran and ran until he was met with a fence. He jumped pver it and kept running until he heard a thud in front of him but he couldn't see because of the darkness. The strike of lightning that lit up the sky showed him a glimpse of the bat symbol. He turned around and ran in fear but someone grappled his leg which caused him to trip over. He felt someone step on his head then darkness.

"Good job Eva, i think that's a wrap for tonight." Barbara said over comms

"I'll bring in the thief to GCPD then i'll come right back." Eva said lifting the man onto her shoulder and walking out of the ally. She walked out as a car pulled up in front of her.

"I'll take him from here, go home and get some rest." Bruce said

"Thanks Bruce." Eva smiled before grappling away into the night. She walked through a waterfall and took off her cowl and let her hair free.

"You've been working a lot, are you okay?" Barbara asked

"I'm fine, i just feel like i'm not trying hard enough." Eva sighed