Chapter 2: The Invasion of Far Far Away

Start from the beginning

Lightning: "Hey Vannessa!" [Waving his hand]

Vanessa looked over and spotted lighting sitting all by himself at a table. She was happy to see him.

Lightning: [taps the table] "Pop a squat over here! I got some news for ya!"

Vanessa: [Grabs her mug] "Sure thing." [Fills her coffee] 

Once her coffee was filled, and she added sugar and a little bit of creamer, she took her mug and sat down with lighting.

Lightning: [Grins] "So, get this. While I was-"

Vanessa: [Puts a hand up] "Hold up..." [Grabs a spoon, stirs her coffee for a bit, takes a sip, and makes an exaggerated expression of pleasure and sighs] "So, you were saying?"

Lightning: [Raises an eyebrow and smirks] "Are you done?"

Vanessa: [Smirks] "Why, yes I am. Please, continue."

Lightning: [Rolls his eyes] "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted... The Base Commander was just here getting his early breakfast, and Guess what?" [Grins and takes a sip of his coffee]

Vanessa: [Thinks about the response before looking at Lighting] "He came out of the closet..."

Lightning: [Chokes on his coffee] "What?! No! What's wrong with you?" [Laughs]

Vanessa: [Shrugs] "I don't know. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't..."

Lightning: [Wipes a tear] "Man... you are one funny girl, V. But we don't have sortie today! We're getting the day off!"

Vanessa: [Eyes sparkling] "No way! For real?"

Lightning: [Smirks] "Hell yeah sister! We're free for the whole day!"

Vanessa laughed as she set her coffee down and high-fived Lighting when she heard that it was probably the best news that she heard at this moment. Because of that, she had the whole day free to do whatever she wanted, though she would most likely hop on her F-15E, do some flight maneuvers, and pretend that is she fighting alongside the Guardians taking on the New Order. Whenever she gets in the air, she feels calm and happy. But at the same time, she felt the adrenaline flow through her body. 

Vanessa: [Pumped] "This is probably the best news of my life right now!"

Lightning: [Smirks] "Just doing what I do V. By the way, wanna go out with me and the guys for some drinks tonight?"

Vanessa: [Shrugs] "Eh. I'll think about it. The last time we did that, we ended up getting kicked out of a bar, and the base commander was right up our ass."

Lightning: [Laughs and starts to walk away] "Whatever you say V. Tell me before noon."

Vanessa: [Rolls her eyes] "Yeah, Yeah." [Looks at Coffee cup] "Coffee time."

She picked up her mug and made her way outside toward the tarmac. She gazed out toward the bay, and as she was waiting for the sunrise, she had a smile on her face. Watching the sunrise reminded her why she loved Far Far Away so much, and she hoped that today would be a nice day, just like the previous days this week. 

Vanessa: [Inhales & Exhales] "How could this day possibly get any better?"